Fargo now slides :p

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
After watching youtube videos of some new tricks to teach fargo, i saw the slide one, so, i asked my dad so nicely if he could build me one :p with my designing and his handywork, we did it!! :)

tab_xo-albums-more-fargo-picture6020-img-3928.jpg

i showed fargo, he isnt scared of anything, so thats good ;) he stepped up, i held out a treat, and he was a bit hesitant, but then he went down!

only problem is, its a bit too short a distance, but it will do ok for now, will just have to teach him to climb the steps himself now :)

2 videos in the next post :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gbjNDnirlc]fargo first slide! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AL5tEbo4KE]fargo second slide! - YouTube[/ame]

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
What a great training prop...

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Because I love the ingenuity of it...how it's constructed AND how brave Fargo musters anything you ask of him....without even hesitating. :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
it was my designing! dad just did all the hard work haha! ;) I think he is just fearless! :)

LOL thingamagigs- I'm not sure ;) hehe

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Very nice, Tab! The slide prop is indeed quite creative :). Fargo now has a regular amusement park/obstacle course within your home ;). And he sure takes to such things quickly! Impressive!!!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo now has a regular amusement park/obstacle course within your home ;).

He just needs a roller coaster and it would be complete! :09:

I honestly thought he would just fly off, but i asked him to step up, and he just sat on there, so he didn't have a fear of it at all, and he just followed my hand down the slide just to get the nuts ! :p

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Fargo now has a regular amusement park/obstacle course within your home ;).

He just needs a roller coaster and it would be complete! :09:

I honestly thought he would just fly off, but i asked him to step up, and he just sat on there, so he didn't have a fear of it at all, and he just followed my hand down the slide just to get the nuts ! :p
I think many would conclude that Fargo is fearless. But I personally think he just trusts you so amazingly much that he's willing to try anything you offer him :). You have such a wonderful relationship with that beautiful little guy! :D.

And BTW, knowing you Tab, I won't be surprised if you actually figure out a way to make a roller coaster for Fargo ;).

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I think many would conclude that Fargo is fearless. But I personally think he just trusts you so amazingly much that he's willing to try anything you offer him :). You have such a wonderful relationship with that beautiful little guy! :D.

awww :eek: thank you haha this weekend will be 3 months since i got him! doesnt seem like long :rolleyes:

And BTW, knowing you Tab, I won't be surprised if you actually figure out a way to make a roller coaster for Fargo ;).

LOL i would nevverrrrrrr :09: :54: hahaha
but i will get him those bird roller skates one day ;)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
he did it! he basically learnt to go down the slide in less than a day! :)
He climbed up the steps this morning!
Still have to tap the top, then tap the floor to get him to go down, but he should work it out tomorrow that one tap means to go down! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFAG9frlfaY]fargo slide better! - YouTube[/ame]

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Awww thats so Adorable Tab! Fargo trusts you so much that he knows you wont hurt him so he's happy to do anything you say! :D Your such a good birdy mumma! And he is so smart !

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Well done Tab and what a clever boy you are Fargo.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I know what you must make next for Fargo. A graduation cap. ;) He is SO clever! And so out to please you. Gives me happy chills. :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
OMG! you can buy those teddy bears with the graduation caps! i could use one of them! hahaha

thanks guys! he is such a smart boy!

and his roll over is getting better! i lift one foot and he starts to lean over, then i let go and he rolls over! so soon i wont have to help him at all :)

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
OMG! you can buy those teddy bears with the graduation caps! i could use one of them! hahaha
You can put a photo of him wearing it in your signature block :D.

Fargo is an amazing bird!

Most Reactions