Fargo time!

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
So Fargo went on another adventure!!

I went to a wildlife workshop on Saturday, just to learn about kangaroos and wallabies, so of course Fargo came..

He just sat on the back of the car seat on the way there, every 25 minutes we would hop out, and he went potty straight away!

Finally got there... and as soon as we walked in, every one stared at me, and their mouths dropped open..

It is so weird, I forget that people may have never seen a macaw before, but to me hes just Fargo, nothing rare, but wow, everyone came over saying how BIG he is, and i thought, what? He isnt big, hes small (compared to working with huge horses) hahaha
and everyone was saying how beautiful he was, asking his name!

Then a few ladies ran to get their cameras hahaha

and of course when Fargo saw the camera he started posing and saying hello, then he let people pat him if they wanted..

Anyways, was time for the workshop to start, we sat at the back, i got a plate and put his food on it, so he sat there, eating, at the back of the class haha

Everyone just kept turning around to look at him..

Then i brought alot of his foot toys, so he just sat on my shoulder playing with them..

Every 30 minutes i went outside and he would go to the toilet straight away, a lady said 'now that is one well trained bird'

So that was an hour... then we had a lunch break, i got some food, which of course Fargo wanted to eat!
The person i was sitting next to had a little wallaby, it was so adorable, Fargo kept wanting to see it!

The next hour we sat there, this time Fargo just sat on my shoulder sleeping, apparently the talking was boring HAHA

At the end, the instructors said they have never met a macaw who was so quiet and well behaved!! and one said she was just in love with Fargo!

Next thing, a little girl came up to me, she had drawn a picture of Fargo!!!!!! Nawwwwwww hahaha

On the way home he sat on my shoulder in the car, and then got car sick -_- vomited three times, and then ate it back up, yummy! haha

He was so tired after we got home, he just sat on his gym preening, what a big day!

I just couldnt believe peoples reactions, i just forget how rare Fargo is for most people!

But apart from that Fargo has been up to the same old stuff..

Taking over my room with more gyms and trees

Being his cute cuddly self- for some reason my ipod camera makes him look really small haha

Destroying things

His new foraging toy, which he figured out in 10 minutes, he started out by holding it upside down and chucking it everywhere, but then he figured he had to use his brain instead hahahaha

and more cuddles

and we FINALLY ordered the flight line, thanks to Dan on this forum! So when that arrives Fargo will be able to go on a big fly for the first time... I will probably have a heart attack the first time, but it will be fun!
and will get lots of nice flying pictures for everyone!

The end!

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
You should see if theres more events for you guys to do [he so cute !!]

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
What a great day for Fargo, and you too Tab!! So Glad everyone had fun, especially Fargo! :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Well now that me and my horse are ready to compete, we will be away at competitions most weekends!

Was hoping Fargo could come, mum said we could get a cage made for the horse truck, then he would just have to go in it while i do my test, then he could come out on his harness for the rest of the day! Least it would get him out and about!

Thanks guys! :D He is such a cutie!

But of course he just decided to pull off about 25 of my keys on my keyboard as i left the room for a few minutes :S He has been a terror this morning :p Poor keyboard had to go through alot of surgery to get everything working again HAHA

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
great idea for taking him with you to shows and hahaha my keyboard is missing quite a few keys also!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
HAHA I have already had one keyboard completely unusable, had to get a new one... Now this one has 5 keys which are completely unfixable, luckily i dont use any of them! ;) Naughty boy!

and yes, Fargo can be our mascot ! :09:

FeatherBrain

May 20, 2013
Chicago
Fargo never fails to make me smile! Just followed him on facebook, he has more friends than I do, hahaha! What a sweetheart, glad you guys had a good time.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Fargo is a very lucky bird to have someone so willing to do things with him. Good job, tab. Keep posting, maybe you'll inspire others to do more with their fids. As always, looking forward to more pics/vids of you and fargo.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thank you Richard! :rolleyes:

Oh i would do EVERYTHING with him if i could hahaha
He is just like an extra limb attached to my shoulder.. :54:
He doesnt move an inch from me while i walk around, he sticks to me like glue, even when we went outside..

I love that he wants to be with me so much, makes me feel really special that he could try and fly away at any second he wanted, but he doesnt! :rolleyes:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Awesome adventure/outing!!! :D

It would be GREAT if you took Fargo to competitions with you. :)

That drawing cracked me up something fierce...but how sweet of the little chap to give it to you. I'm sure Fargo left quite an impression - and SUCH a positive one. :)

Your room is mac-paradise. :D Can I bring mine to play???

Fargo updates are THE best!!!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahahaha the little kid told her mum that i needed to wear a pirate costume LOL :09: Which is nice to know that she knows Fargo is the type of bird pirates have!!!

But yes sure, i will walk around town in a pirate costume, as if Fargo didnt draw enough attention :54:

Oh when Fargos new things FINALLY arrive, i will be able to set everything up and get new and improved pictures of his room! :D

Oh yes, pretty please send Ripley, Hunter, Niko and Sam all on the plane tonight, i will wait for them at the airport :rolleyes: haha

Thank you <3

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
HAHAHA That is probably very true Ant! hehe Why would he want to learn about things which dont have feather! ;)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Us, both lying in a bunk bed type thing... Would you be able to climb the ladder? :09:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Us, both lying in a bunk bed type thing... Would you be able to climb the ladder? :09:

Oh I don't know. Perhaps you could lift me up and with the aid of my crutches I'll somehow get up there. :rolleyes:

I may not be a spring chicken, but I do ladders any given day.

Oh wait...I'm afraid of heights. I'll take the floor, between the cage and the play gym.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Well, it sounds like a plan!
Just remember you might be awoken by Fargo wanting a kiss, but at least he whispers to you when you wake up, quiet as a mouse :rolleyes:

You know, i was singing to him tonight, i swear, he was looking at me like i was INSANE!!! He leaned his head back, just staring at me, then he twisted his head upside down, like what in the world is she doing :20: :31:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
You know, i was singing to him tonight, i swear, he was looking at me like i was INSANE!!! He leaned his head back, just staring at me, then he twisted his head upside down, like what in the world is she doing :20: :31:

Must have been the wrong song then. Try some fun. next time and see how he likes it. :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh no, if i tried to sing fun, Fargo would probably try and fly out the window to get away from me hahahahaha ;)

Most Reactions

Latest posts