Favorite color

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey
17114484655512462838383698320484.jpg

Gambo clearly has a favorite color. As I write, he is destroying yet another yellow link. There are 6 colors, but only yellow suffers his wrath.

Oh how to accommodate his attraction? 😁

Does your parrot have a favorite color? How do you know?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Gggaaaa - those are the exact links that make up Salty's playchain. We have them strung up all over our ceilings, kinda like his own private walkway around the house. If he starts to chew them up like this, I am screwed!!

Thankfully, he has only really shown hatred for red plastic stuff. Red bottlecaps? Get outta here! He flings them away. And he has a red treat bowl that he will fling around inside his cage.

OP
GambotheGreyt

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey
Gggaaaa - those are the exact links that make up Salty's playchain. We have them strung up all over our ceilings, kinda like his own private walkway around the house. If he starts to chew them up like this, I am screwed!!

Thankfully, he has only really shown hatred for red plastic stuff. Red bottlecaps? Get outta here! He flings them away. And he has a red treat bowl that he will fling around inside his cage.
Ha ha... so far he has not complained about colors, but he does have a toy or two that are on the losing end of his attacks. He gets mad at me too if i play with the baby rattle (one of the offending toys).

Parrots are quite ... hmm, what IS the right word?

Most Reactions