February 2019 POTM Contest!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Stephen, what a beautiful and perfect theme! I am so looking forward to the entries!
Just for fun, Reg & Jury:
LpYSaVT.jpg

Darling photo of Jury giving kisses!

Oh, what an inspired theme! Too bad our fids cannot enjoy the traditional Valentine's Day chocolates!!

:smile015:Just for fun: Alice and Popcorn, shortly after being introduced.:smile015:

1qL05Re.jpg

Sweet pic of Alice and Popcorn! I agree, it’s a shame we can never share even a taste of chocolate with them.

This Must be Love! Makes me feel warm inside watching them.( Official entry.
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture21109-img-20190111-134137696-6.jpg

This might be love, or stalking! Just for fun.
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture21110-img-20190123-172412858-burst000-cover-top-3.jpg

Kissing
laurasea-albums-keets-picture21112-img-20180727-125733893-3.jpg

The lampshade lander, wishes you a Happy Valentine's Day!
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture21111-img-20190123-172112195-3.jpg

Laura, I want to frame your entry photo! What adorable feathered friends!

Thank you for the Valentines Day messages and just for fun entries.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh, what an inspired theme! Too bad our fids cannot enjoy the traditional Valentine's Day chocolates!!

:smile015:Just for fun: Alice and Popcorn, shortly after being introduced.:smile015:

1qL05Re.jpg

Knowing your sweet tooth, I hope you will enjoy the chocolate for everyone, and they look like they are really enjoying the company:)

This is so precious, it made my heart melt!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
laurasea-albums-neptune-blue-picture21110-img-20190123-172412858-burst000-cover-top-3.jpg

Kissing

I love every single one of these, there is so much love in your beautiful flock.

I was feeling bad for whoever had to come up with a theme for February. After the January contest, how do you follow that? Very very very well done, Stephen! This is perfect. Amazing entries already, and guaranteed to be many more. I'm excited to see what folks come up with. The awesomeness has begun...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Stephen, you are knocking it out of the park as always:) This theme is so wonderful, and I am already blown away by the sweetness of the entries.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Oh this I got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough competition this month!

Bring it!!! We're looking forward to your entry!

Wonderful theme!

Just for fun because this is so relevent, and my current situation

a6wEHen.jpg

Thanks, Chris! And oh, how I love this pic! That is DEFINITELY love! Guess who's part of the pack, now?

Stephen, what a beautiful and perfect theme! I am so looking forward to the entries!
Just for fun, Reg & Jury:
LpYSaVT.jpg

Thanks, Terr!
And there he is! The Bird Whisperer himself! Great shot of Reg and Jury!

Cockapoo! Cockapoo!

No way would I ever have a cockatoo in this home! DYAC!

Hahahahaha! Oh, this was hilarious!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

1qL05Re.jpg

Thanks, Scott!
Looks like Alice and Popcorn hit it off rather swiftly! Love at first sight and all that! Sweet!

Awwwwww! This is absolutely love! Some serious swoon action going on, here! Lol!

Kissing

Wow! We could have a contest with your pics alone! I love them all! The love or stalking one especially had me cracking up!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

1qL05Re.jpg

Thanks, Scott!
Looks like Alice and Popcorn hit it off rather swiftly! Love at first sight and all that! Sweet!

Awwwwww! This is absolutely love! Some serious swoon action going on, here! Lol!

Kissing

Wow! We could have a contest with your pics alone! I love them all! The love or stalking one especially had me cracking up!

Thank you. I love the word swoon! I hadn't thought of that, but Ta-dah definitely swoons for Neptune! I have a bunch of stalking photos of Neptune and Penny, he is really trying to win her over!
Here is Penny's kiss from Cloudy.
Love is in the air!

laurasea-albums-keets-picture20946-img-20181226-145418569-4.jpg

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Oh, mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... Not even a whole day into it, and my heart is already melllllllllllllllllllting!

Stephen, you are showing us no mercy with this theme. Thank you!

Yeah, I'm in love with all the entries already myself! Thanks, Abs! And yes, there shall be no quarter given!

I was feeling bad for whoever had to come up with a theme for February. After the January contest, how do you follow that? Very very very well done, Stephen! This is perfect. Amazing entries already, and guaranteed to be many more. I'm excited to see what folks come up with. The awesomeness has begun...

Hahahahaha! Funny you should say that! I was teasing Terry about the very same thing in the Mod Forum! "Oh, great, Terr! I have to follow that?!?" Lol!

I love you, Doc! Thank you for a wonderful theme for February’s contest! Great entries already!

Thanks! And love you right back, Huckleberry!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Thank you. I love the word swoon! I hadn't thought of that, but Ta-dah definitely swoons for Neptune! I have a bunch of stalking photos of Neptune and Penny, he is really trying to win her over!
Here is Penny's kiss from Cloudy.
Love is in the air!

laurasea-albums-keets-picture20946-img-20181226-145418569-4.jpg

Sweet! Your flock is just filled to bursting with love! Keep 'em coming!

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
It was rough going at first, adding a new fid to the family. Yoda didn't much like having competition for our time and attention. Slowly but surely however, they began to tolerate each other... then play on occasion... and now at last there seems to be some brotherly love happening. Sometimes...

So here's my entry for the month, Yoda and his big little brother Trigger.

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-pics-picture21117-brothers3.jpg

and just for fun:
squeekmouse-albums-yoda-pics-picture21116-brothers4.jpg

squeekmouse-albums-yoda-pics-picture21119-brothers1.jpg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
It was rough going at first, adding a new fid to the family. Yoda didn't much like having competition for our time and attention. Slowly but surely however, they began to tolerate each other... then play on occasion... and now at last there seems to be some brotherly love happening. Sometimes...

and just for fun:

Oh my goodness! Sooooo cute!!!!! I love Yoda's little pink feet! Trigger is so light colored, do Grey's darken as they age? What great brothers.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Stephen, what a truly amazing Topic for February and the entries up to now (just two days) have been stellar. Plus the just for fun photos!
A home run my friend, a home run indeed!

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

and just for fun:

Absolutely precious!!
:heart: Love Love Love :heart:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts

and just for fun:

Yoda and his big little brother are so cute together. How precious to see the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Super cute photos.

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Those are just aaaaaaaaaaaaw-sooooooooooooo-cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure

and just for fun:

Thay are so cute!!!:smile015::smile015:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
First kiss!!!! Five months and two gentleman wooers are finally teaching Penny how to be a bird!
laurasea-albums-penny-picture21120-img-20190202-114312111-3.jpg

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Oh my goodness! Sooooo cute!!!!! I love Yoda's little pink feet! Trigger is so light colored, do Grey's darken as they age? What great brothers.

Trigger is a Congo, which are typically lighter colored than a Timneh. I have no idea if he will darken or lighten, I'm told his tail feathers will get more bright red, and of course his eyes.

I love seeing the two boys together like that, they are such a beautiful contrast. Yoda with all the colors of the rainbow, Trigger all soft, silvery white. Another interesting contrast is how big and scary looking Trigger can be, with his huge, strong beak, while cute, fluffy little Yoda looks so innocent and harmless. However, Trigger is a gentle giant, so sweet and so careful. Yoda's little pinching bites are the ones that hurt!

...And I also just love Yoda's tiny, dainty pink feet!

Most Reactions