Status
Not open for further replies.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
PreCovid19 monthly social: Manicures and Mocha
Meisha Reached Out and Touched Someone for the enjoyment of sculptured nails.
Meisha-AT-T-Manicure.gif

Disclaimer: Not my hands
Entry Classification: Esthetician Funzie

Meisha's a popular bird, hereabouts. She's got to keep her manicure game tight! Lol! And your disclaimer had me dying over here! Hilarity!

Here is our entry for Feb.

http://www.parrotforums.com/members/wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture17065-salty-al-9-11-16-jpg.jpg

wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture17065-salty-al-9-11-16-jpg.jpg

Oh! You guys meant "touch" someone, not grab someone!

When all that bite pressure training pays off! Salty looks like he's having a ball using you as his jungle gym.

Can we disregard blurry corpse eyes and go with this one instead?

d82f8666e73de8989c494dfcabd79fae.jpg

We darn sure can, Chris! After seeing that death gaze from the first pic, not a one of us is trying to cross you! If looks could kill for real!!! Hahahahaha!

But what a tender moment captured in the second pic. Nice!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
PreCovid19 monthly social: Manicures and Mocha
Meisha Reached Out and Touched Someone for the enjoyment of sculptured nails.
Meisha-AT-T-Manicure.gif

Disclaimer: Not my hands
Entry Classification: Esthetician Funzie

If only my birds were as welcoming at manicure time! They'd reach out with firm beak grip aka bite!!

Here is our entry for Feb.

http://www.parrotforums.com/members/wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture17065-salty-al-9-11-16-jpg.jpg

wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture17065-salty-al-9-11-16-jpg.jpg

Oh! You guys meant "touch" someone, not grab someone!

That's a benign reach-out and touch, Amazon style!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

Can we disregard blurry corpse eyes and go with this one instead?

d82f8666e73de8989c494dfcabd79fae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely Chris, we'll consider this stunning reach-out as official entry. I took the liberty of noting your previous as "JFF," but you can always change your mind or add another until contest closes!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Awesome entries so far! It is looking like another tough month of having to choose ONE winner!

If the theme were 'Reach out and DESTROY something' I'd have heaps of entry photos for Ellie. Here's one JFF.

IRVxzWE.jpg

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Just for fun
This feather needs a " touch" up!
Plus it's cute and wanted an excuse to share

yXtx4Ch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Awesome entries so far! It is looking like another tough month of having to choose ONE winner!

If the theme were 'Reach out and DESTROY something' I'd have heaps of entry photos for Ellie. Here's one JFF.

IRVxzWE.jpg

such amazing color! And oh so true!

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

IRVxzWE.jpg

Lovely Ellie reaching out and destroying! Bet she renders that mouse inoperative in two seconds!

Just for fun
yXtx4Ch.jpg

Cute for sure and definitely reaching out to groom!!

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)

IRVxzWE.jpg

Lovely Ellie reaching out and destroying! Bet she renders that mouse inoperative in two seconds!

Normally yes...however, Mommy was on the alert and saved this poor mouse :D.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Boy do I have the perfect photo for this one! The moment before first contact�� Look at the body language of those 2 as Cas reaches out to touch Kiwi.

5N2Fmhz.jpg

I know not everyone can see the videos for some reason, but here’s the accompanying just for fun video for those who can see them. We were both right there to prevent any major incidents but boy did Cas beeline it for poor Kiwi. We’re going to wait a while longer before any further “introductions”

tFyjFkS.mp4

OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Boy do I have the perfect photo for this one! The moment before first contact�� Look at the body language of those 2 as Cas reaches out to touch Kiwi.

5N2Fmhz.jpg

I know not everyone can see the videos for some reason, but here’s the accompanying just for fun video for those who can see them. We were both right there to prevent any major incidents but boy did Cas beeline it for poor Kiwi. We’re going to wait a while longer before any further “introductions”

tFyjFkS.mp4

Perfect indeed, April! Two persons reaching out to touch!!

Lovely video as well, for some reason the link is not apparent in body of post. Link appeared when I quoted for comment, easily copied/pasted to another window. Well worth watching!!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Very cute video! You can see the sparkle in Cas' eyes, and the apprehension in Kiwi's.

WhiteFlight

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 20, 2020
Dallas, Texas
Parrots
Meisha: Umbrella Cockatoo | Female | 03/09/1989 Hatch Date

5N2Fmhz.jpg

Brings back pleasant memories.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

IRVxzWE.jpg

Ellie does have to reach out and touch in order to destroy, so bring on the heaps! She is so beautiful! And looking oh-so-mischievous, here!

Just for fun
yXtx4Ch.jpg

What an awesome moment frozen in time! So delicate and deliberate with the preening! And the colors! Straight sunshine!

5N2Fmhz.jpg

tFyjFkS.mp4

Perfection indeed, April! Look at how much Was has grown! Wow! And I'm heartened by his obvious love for and fascination with Kiwi, as well as Kiwi's patience and understanding with his grasping hands. Obviously an environment where both are made to feel relatively comfortable with each other. Nice!

MelloYello

Jan 11, 2021
A galaxy far far away
Parrots
MelloYello-Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Mello snuggling in my hand!
Warmth and bonding

(How do you post an image big?)

25796d1612719723-february-2021-potm-contest-zzpv.jpg

Attachments

• zzpv.jpg
    zzpv.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 213
OP
Scott

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
Parrots

Mello snuggling in my hand!
Warmth and bonding

(How do you post an image big?)

25796d1612719723-february-2021-potm-contest-zzpv.jpg

Mello is saying you can snuggle for hours and hours!!

I rotated and enlarged your image. Simply enlarging is easy - right click on image properties, copy. Open yellow picture window, (bottom row of control panel above text box, below and to right of smiley menu) paste url into open box, click "OK" prompt. Rotating is a bit more complex, had to momentarily "save" to my PC and rotated using Microsoft Office Picture Manager. Then uploaded to your attachment manager.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh my stars this is just what I needed. And prepare to be bombarded with cute pics of Bumble!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I'm ALWAYS up for cute pictures of Bumble! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts