Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I got them a nice big 32 x 21 flight cage used for $50! The same cage sells new for $130. After cleaning it for hours to rid it of all the poop, it looks brand new! Lucy is bald on the back of her neck, I'm assuming Ethel did it. She's been like that since we got them. I haven't seen any plucking, or found any feathers. I hope with the big cage it won't continue.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I had typed a response, but it had timed out,uggg. to make a long story short, I had a pair of zebra finches that were 'tossers', tossed every chick they had, everytime. I wondered if they felt threatened with other birds in the cage, so I removed the parents into a separate cage, and guess what....the tossing stopped completely, and raised their young without incident.
the only pair I have remaining is a beautiful white pair of zebra finches, along with my gouldians, 1 pair are nesting(yay!!) and I have 2 pair of star finches, both are nesting (yay!!). I changed cages and both pair finally started laying eggs. I can't wait for these babies!
MikeyTN-- what colour are your gouldians??

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
We have a pied pair of zebra finches and pied pair of canaries as well. Don't have any lady gourdians yet...

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
finches are wonderful! i have 10, 7 societies, and 3 gouldians. they are very funny, and have very different personalities. feed them seed, with veggies and egg food every now and then. they appreciate swings, and sometimes you can make them sing by whistling :). however, they are messy, so i would buy a little vacuum to clean up spilled seed. let me warn you now, they are like potato chips. you just keep getting more lol. good luck!

Most Reactions