Franklin's Portrait

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
I just wanted to share:

My silly conure, Franklin (3 months old) is such a ham! Yesterday I was randomly taking pictures of my birds, hoping to get something cute.

Franklin, grabbed a piece of grass that he was playing with, walked right up to the camera and...posed...he didn't move and kind of gave a little quiet squawk as if to say...take my picture..pleeeease take my picture...he didn't move! I didn't move either, for like 20 seconds!! So I just focused and clicked and this is what I got. :D (this is totally uncropped and unedited)

After he heard the "click" of the camera he went back about his business...totally satisfied. When I showed him his picture...he kissed it!

Hahahahaha! Silly bird!

It's really kind of neat, the close up like it is...I didn't know their "lids" had such pretty "beading" also, I updated my personal page here with more random pictures for anyone who's interested.

Have a great day!

Toni

Last edited:
OP
Nakiska

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
4 Cockatiels 2 males Chicken Little & Charlie, 2 Females Chiquita and Sweet pea. Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Franklin and our now tame, rescued feral Pigeon - Belle.
Reduced this picture just doesn't have the sharpness of the full unreduced version...:mad: Is there a way to reduce pictures and keep them as sharp as unreduced?

OP
Nakiska

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
Thank you! There's a few more pictures of him on my profile page. We've only had him 2 1/2 weeks and he's just the most perfect little guy!

I swear when I took him out of his cage this morning he put his beak up to my lips and said "Pretty bird" and made a kissing sound...

All's I can say is I'm sooo glad HE picked US!

:D

Toni

Kokihi

Aug 11, 2010
Santa Barbara county, California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure: Tori
Photographing birds is a PAIN! D: When ever Tori is in a cute position and I try to take a picture its like he knows and moves just to spite me. XD

This is an ADORABLE shot! I'm amazed that he stayed still long enough for you to get that good of a shot, actually. There's great detail in the feathers and no blurring. You've got some nice DOF too. ^_^

OP
Nakiska

Nakiska

May 30, 2011
Washington
Parrots
Photographing birds is a PAIN! D: When ever Tori is in a cute position and I try to take a picture its like he knows and moves just to spite me. XD

This is an ADORABLE shot! I'm amazed that he stayed still long enough for you to get that good of a shot, actually. There's great detail in the feathers and no blurring. You've got some nice DOF too. ^_^

Thank you! It's a new camera and not the best on the market by any means, but the best I could afford, a Canon T3. Quite the step up from my old Canon EOS Elan 7 - 35mm.

I'm having a blast with it and Franklin is a very VERY good little model, he seems to like having his picture taken...for this picture HE walked up to the camera and "posed" but if he's out and I Have my camera out and he'll see it pointed his direction...he does get this look like...Oh, Mom's going to take my picture...

I think I should try to teach him to say CHEEEESE :D

Thanks for you wonderful comment, I had to think on the DOF...then I was like...DUH! Depth of Field....hope that's right anyway...hahahhaha!

Take care,

Toni

Most Reactions

Latest posts