Getting girly with Kiwi.....

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
So Kiwi decided to get in touch with his "feminine" side today with a sparkly glitter wand sized just for him:p If you haven't ever seen one before it's a hard plastic tube filled with water, glitter and foil confetti that floats around. I know I had a much much bigger one of these when I was a kid (mine was blue) and I was just as in love with it as my feathered "baby" is his mini one:D. Even cuter, when I saw he had it, I went over and asked him "what toy is that buddy" and he got all embarrassed and ran to the back of his perch with it:09:

DSC_3508_zps023b3f59.jpg

(I want to eat all these sparkles)

DSC_3513_zps748ad70e.jpg

(Mommy please, how will I explain to all my squirrel friends that I like sparkly things?)

DSC_3514_zpsbb8ecec3.jpg

(Ok, that's enough, I'm going to club the camera with it if you get any closer)

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I actually think I still have mine from when I was younger! Every time we move and find it and I'm asked if I want to get rid of it and I guard it protectively for some odd reason....

Theres nothing wrong with liking girly things Kiwi:cool:

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I actually think I still have mine from when I was younger! Every time we move and find it and I'm asked if I want to get rid of it and I guard it protectively for some odd reason....

Theres nothing wrong with liking girly things Kiwi:cool:

I think my mom still has mine somewhere too, packed away with my other "favorite" childhood toys for when I have kids:roll eyes:

And Kiwi certainly doesn't let his manliness get in the way when it comes to what he likes. He always seems to single out the pink beads and parts on his toys to play with first and anything with glitter or sparkles is unsafe from a curious beak:eek:. My mom on the other hand, the 2 male birds get blue and green toys/perches/huts to sleep in, and the female gets pink and purple. Somehow, I'm not sure they care:09:.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Love the pics... and the captions, too! (Especially that last one. Very funny!)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
What toy is that?!

IT'S MINE!!!

Now that is so typically amazon!

Girl4Jesus83

Jan 14, 2014
Broomfield, CO
Parrots
Lutino Tiel - Jake
Yellow Nape Amazon - Shoku - greatly missed!
I bet he just loves how smooth it is on his tongue. I found some at the 99cent store a couple of months ago. I bought all 5 colors for my son, I never thought how a feathered child would react to it :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts