Getting impatient

OP
Oliver17

Oliver17

Oct 2, 2017
Midwest,USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Named Garth
Great news Oliver has stepped up on my hand, first day just once, second day twice and so on. I can't tell you guys how wonderful I feel every time. The other day I was sitting in a chair across the room and he waked over to me. He didn't step up that time, but looking forward to it again. Happy Days

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Party-time!!!

Well done you on not giving up.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Sweet! That is a huge milestone! You've done such a great job just hanging in there despite feeling all kinds of frustrated with the situation! Not easy, but so worth it for the payoff.

OP
Oliver17

Oliver17

Oct 2, 2017
Midwest,USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Named Garth
On December 23 my Oliver passed on.
Eating,drinking, sassy as usual day before.
Wake up to find him at the bottom of the cage.

My days are not the same, my routine, is all wrong huge void

very very sad

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry for your loss...This is never easy, but least of all when it's so sudden and unexpected...Positive-energy to you and your family. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this during this time of the year...I don't mean to be clinical during this kind of time, but since Oliver passed-away so suddenly with seemingly no signs or symptoms of illness, do you have any other parrots in your house that you may have to worry about also being ill? If so, a necropsy is usually a good idea, so that you'll know if it was something that could effect your other birds or not...I apologize again, I don't know if you have any other birds or not, but it's always better to be cautious when something like this happens...

Again, so sorry for your loss..

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Oh I am so very sorry to hear of your loss......my worst fear!!!! I'm glad you got to have time together, and I'm sorry it was cut short. I hurt to hear this, all we can do is share the burden with you......

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences for your loss of Oliver. I am so sorry this happened without apparent signs or warning. May you be comforted by his precious memories.

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
Keep the good memories of Oliver deep in your heart.. He was definitely lucky to have you as his Parront, he was loved and he knew that. And while it may not be comforting for you now, try to keep in mind he's a little Parrot-Star on the Night sky right now...

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
To have him pass so unexpectedly this way after all the great progress you had both made is just too sad. I’m truly sorry for your loss.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
No, no, no, no, no. I am heart-broken for you. What a brutal season this has been for losses in our Community.
Once again, I must cling to my certainty that a bird who is loved, treasured, adored, celebrated... passes away into Eternity in a sacred state. Be at peace, Oliver, you were truly loved.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this terrible news. I am so very sorry for your loss. It is especially hard when it is so sudden. You gave Oliver such a wonderful life, filled with love. My deepest condolences go out to you.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Deepest condolences for your loss of Oliver, I'm so sorry. I know the pain is tremendous but in time I hope you will be comforted knowing you gave Oliver a loving home.

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
You have my sympathies. It is hard to think on anything positive at this time, but recognize the progress you made in the precious time you shared together.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Oh, no. I am so very sorry for your loss. Oliver was a special bird. I know how much you loved him, and how much of your heart and soul you poured into developing the bond between you. And I can tell you this: He knew it, too. Every bit of progress he made, he made for you.

He loved you. And was loved in turn. There's no greater gift... in this life or any other.

Fly free, Oliver. You will be missed.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I’m so very sorry. I can’t imagine the pain you are feeling. My heart is with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
NOOOOO! I'm so sorry to hear this. I don't have any great words of wisdom that can make things easier, just lots of understanding for what you are going through right now. Today is 9 days without Patches. Still waiting for it to get better. Not much luck with that yet, but support from friends here who really get it has helped me a lot. Hope we can help you too.

Jon

Most Reactions