Getting Perry into his house?

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Perry was a gentleman today and stepped up on the stick and instead of attacking it today he put his head down to block it from going to his belly. feeling pretty good tonight we conquer the boogey man

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Got home from work today and Perry didn’t want to step up on to the stick but he’s super smart. I ask him to come to the front perch door of his house and he comes right on over. Took a bit of back and forth kind of following him around to get the first step up but the second like I was saying he came right over to the perch door and stepped right up. Thanks for the help again guys patience and back to the basics. He also seemed a little less agitated when I came home today he hasn’t gone after Bella my dog yet knock on wood.

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Pretty awesome stuff today. Perry went into his house tonight to sleep no problem. I felt bad he dropped his treat when he saw the doors closing. Also just before bed he had a feather stuck to his peak so i was asking him if i could grab it for him and holy cow he bowed his head and let me scritch him. It was awesome I felt bad that as a reward he got to go inside his house. He also followed me upstairs today twice and around the house. He let me pick him up and walked around on my shoulder for a little bit. Pretty excited. I hope he’s not po’d in the am.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Sounds like you guys are figuring out each other’s motives and language....great progress!

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
This morning I didn’t have to use the wooden dowel Perry stepped right up onto my finger for his treat. Pretty awesome.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Great progress with Perry Bill! He'll have you trained in no time lol.

Jim

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
I always believe the bird trains you, not the other way around.:D

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Oh yes Perry is working on training me alright. My finger is a wee bit sore. But nothing serious. He’s quite the character. He’s doing well getting in and out of his house knock on wood. Stepping up pretty well except when he tricks me and picks up his foot for a ride then realizes I don’t have a treat on me an promptly declines the ride with a chomp to the finger in warning of making this error again. However now I can distract him with my treat hand now.

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Pretty cool Perry stepped up this morning for no treat just wanted to keep me company.

Most Reactions

Latest posts