Good first conure

bird.lover

Feb 8, 2017
Hi, so me and my sister are planning on getting birds. I'm really attached to the idea of getting a conure, obviously not something like a sun conure but I was wondering what type would be best for me as I am a first time bird owner. A thing to add would be that no one is home from 7:30am to as late as 6pm 4 days a week. I saw a blue pineapple conure which I adore but I'm unsure if it will be well suited to my situation. I'm also looking for a relatively cuddly bird. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Hello and welcome

That conure you saw was called a turquoise pineapple green cheek conure. Green cheek conures come in a number of different color mutations and are a great place to start. Really any conure would be relatively easy to manage. Though sun conures are well known for their...powerful vocals.

OP
B

bird.lover

Feb 8, 2017
Hello and welcome

That conure you saw was called a turquoise pineapple green cheek conure. Green cheek conures come in a number of different color mutations and are a great place to start. Really any conure would be relatively easy to manage. Though sun conures are well known for their...powerful vocals.

Thanks for the tips! My sister plans on getting a cockatiel and we want to put the cages next to each other. Do you think that as long as we provide heaps of toys that they'll be fine throughout the day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm glad you found us, and I'm glad you're researching and reaching out.

I'm only an expert on my own Rickeybird, but there are many here with knowledge that could help you. While you're waiting...

A suggestion... use the SEARCH tab above to read previous threads on topics relating to choosing and preparing for getting your first birds! There are many. Best of luck to you.

Most Reactions