Goodbye Pepper

Jean20057

May 24, 2017
It is with an incredibly heavy and shattered heart that I tell you all that we just lost Peatri's old cage mate, Pepper. They were best friends, and fell in brotherly love for each other literally at first sight. I sit here, broken and shattered, as a parront without her babies. In just over 2 weeks, I've lost two of my boys. Pepper was my first budgie, my first bird actually. He is the one who actually created my intense love for birds. He was also the reason we got Peatri. I got Pepper in 2013 on my birthday, and Peatri a couple weeks later. They were both only 4.5 years old. They basically came into this house together, and they left the same way they came.

I love you both so very much. And even though my heart is shattered into pieces so small they're not countable, you both are safe, happy, healthy, and together once again. Mommy and daddy love you unconditionally, and miss you terribly. Always remember that. We will hold you both again someday, and it will be an amazing reunion.
aeec49023db5ac9e61e3169b56a37469.jpg
c6d0267eee68396c41f395134ea2344e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Oh sorry, that is hard to take. Loosing them both so closely. A donation was made in each peatri and pepper's names to Cornell University for parrot related studies and programs.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences for your losses of Pepper and Peatri. May their vibrant and loving memories comfort you in a time of grief.

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
I am so sorry about your losses. You did everything you could have done for Peatri and then lost his buddy, as well. That's got to be incredibly painful. My heart goes out to you.

I know how badly it hurts to lose a baby. I recently lost my parrot and the hardest thing for me was not knowing his exact cause of death. Kidney failure, yes, but why? I feel guilty, but there's no one thing I can pin it on. Guilt is a huge part of grieving. If one of those thousands of "what if's" floating around in my mind is true, I'll probably never know for sure. The best you and I can do is learn more about taking care of our little ones and shelve the guilt so it doesn't interfere with our efforts.

May you have peace of mind as your little ones cross the rainbow bridge. :whiteblue::blue2:

Freebird1969

Feb 20, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Coco (Pitball) oven ready female Citron Cockatoo,
Suki, soppy soft and silky female MSC,
Oliver Belly (Cuddle Monster) Male U2
Bandit & Gizmo (green goblins) Lineolated Parakeets
Sorry for your loss :(

Most Reactions