Green cheek bonded to lorikeet?

Shourn

Oct 1, 2014
I have a pineapple green cheek that is housed in a seperate cage next to my scaly breasted lorikeet. I don't let them play together out of the cage anymore, as they tend to annoy eachother. I've noticed that when I wheel the cages away from eachother the lorikeet starts making a high pitched scream and the green cheek starts to pace back and forth like she is stressed. Am I correct in thinking that they have slightly bonded?

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
That's totally normal to different birds to bond. :) I have a super bonded pair - gcc and a budgie, both male. They regurgitate, preen each other and are just inseparable. Hope yours get along well. :)

Diashi

Nov 19, 2014
It sounds like a wee little bond! How sweet! I am hoping for the same with my GCC and new little parrotlet.
At present, they don't like each other in close proximity; but I can already hear friendly chirping and chatter going on when they are in their adjacent cages, and think no one is listening! <3

Most Reactions