Green cheek

Cierra.varela

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure
My female is 4 months old and my male is 2. They are in separate cages bc they didn't get along and now do. Can I put them in the same cage now or is it unsafe bc of the age of my female?

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Are you planning on breeding?
Getting along and sharing a cage are different. Sometimes they can, sometimes even without fighting one can displace tge other from getting enough food.

First know how you will handle any breeding, or possible mate guarding, or increase cage guarding if those developed happen.

Lots of observations and weight check at first. My Penny quaker drops weight when caged with her friend do to hesitancy at the food bowl. Even tho her friend would have no issues sharing and eating together.

I had 2 girls gcc share a cage but at different times during the years required separate cages..

And sure it can also go smoothly and be a wonderful thing.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
You can try if the two of them interact ok outside the cage without any issues. If any problems occur, and that includes mating behavior, separate them.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
what foxgloveparrot said

Most Reactions

Latest posts