Gus learns to snuggle!!!

brolie

Apr 7, 2015
Colorado Springs
Parrots
Gus the Jenday Conure (7yo) Pooka the Umbrella Cockatoo (17yo) Sky, Arwen, Antigone the Budgies (all born in August 17') - and Captain our Yellow Naped Amazon (10 yo) RIP Oatey 8/15/17 Cloud 4/28/18
So when I got Gus, he wouldn't even let my hands near him without viciously biting and attacking... I got him to finally perch on my arm and shoulders and he would love on my face and such (like they like to do, cleaning teeth and what not) but he was still terrified of my hands.

Now we're a year later and he's a little snuggle bug!!! he lets me massage his feet and everything! it took a lot of patience and a lot of blood loss but my little Gus Gus is finally turning into a happy bird :D

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuUdPCT9mDc"]Gus Gus finally learns to snuggle!! - YouTube[/ame]

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Gus is such a love bug! Thank you for posting this, it shows that patience really pays off:) Congratulations!

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie - CAG | Rookie - BRHP
Aww I loved the video. Thanks for sharing I think it's great that others can see what patience & caring can accomplish.

Gus is lovely - great job :)

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
That is awesome news! Great job and congrats!! :D

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Oh he is so cute, wolf whistle and saying good boy in that little voice. Clearly he loves you. And you him. Nicely done.

OP
B

brolie

Apr 7, 2015
Colorado Springs
Parrots
Gus the Jenday Conure (7yo) Pooka the Umbrella Cockatoo (17yo) Sky, Arwen, Antigone the Budgies (all born in August 17') - and Captain our Yellow Naped Amazon (10 yo) RIP Oatey 8/15/17 Cloud 4/28/18
Oh yes I love the little curmudgeon haha ^_^

Now I just have to get him to like the other people in the house O_O haha

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Adorable video and wonderful progress! Gus gave you a very sweet reward! Thank you for sharing your success.

Most Reactions

Latest posts