Vomit or regurgitation?!

saracuse

Mar 21, 2016
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Day 12/11/15 - "Tiki"
So quick question. Last weekend Tiki was with us at a family party with a lot of people around and she started to regurgitate or more specifically the head bob then shook her head side to side and flung material all down my shirt. This happened again Thursday after I got home waaaaaaaay later than normal and wasn't around Wednesday (don't worry my spouse was). Then this morning she did this again to my spouse today after he came back from the gym.

Nothing diet wise has changed at all. She was playing totally normally and was her happy lovey self before and after this happened. She's eating normal and pooping normal.

My issue is everything I've read says that regurgitation typically is just head bobbing and gently bringing up some stuff and vomiting is flinging heads side to side and vomit flying around. So I'm curious if what Tiki is doing is vomiting or regurgitation?

I spoke with the breeder and the vet. Both said sound like she was a littler over stimulated and just really loves us but to keep and eye on her in case.

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
I would tend to agree with the breeder and the vet.

Usually, regurgitation is more hormonal than anything serious but it's always good to be diligent and monitor the behavior.

If she is only doing it with your or your spouse or even with an object, its almost certainly hormones especially since nothing has changed, diet wise.

Skitty regurgitates daily and I try to discourage it as much as possible. He just has this thing about fabric.

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
It's definitely that time of year. I would say regurgitation, too. But as the vet said. Keep an eye on her for sure. If it continues and is unusual for her you can always take her to the vet for peace of mind. ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

snowflake311

Jun 7, 2016
Tahoe
Parrots
Sprinkels, Black capped Conure/
Olaf, male, Budgie/
Sweetpea, female, Budgie/
RIP Kiwi, female, Senegal
My kiwi loved to feed me but I never took her offering so she would fling it everywhere yuk.

Your bird is trying to give you a gift feel flattered. The reason they fling the food is because you did not take it so they just trow it out and try again.

Most Reactions

Latest posts