Hahns macaws in Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin?

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
I would get a bird you feel fits into your family. I have a hahns macaw (about 8 months old) and he is very gentle and nice. I spend time with him everyday. I never force him and am gentle with him. I can hand him to someone and he will not bite them. Birds do not always follow the book description (in my experience). The green cheek conure my mom bought me in my school years would bite anyone that was not me (he even ran up to people to bite them). Clover was not like that and was the complete opposite. I could hand her to anyone without problem. What you put into a bird is what you will get.

OP
Maria_Metropolis

Maria_Metropolis

Nov 12, 2013
Parrots
White Face Cinnamon Pearl Pied Cockatiel - "Muffin"

Hatch Date: October 4th, 2013
RIP July 4, 2014
I would get a bird you feel fits into your family. I have a hahns macaw (about 8 months old) and he is very gentle and nice. I spend time with him everyday. I never force him and am gentle with him. I can hand him to someone and he will not bite them. Birds do not always follow the book description (in my experience). The green cheek conure my mom bought me in my school years would bite anyone that was not me (he even ran up to people to bite them). Clover was not like that and was the complete opposite. I could hand her to anyone without problem. What you put into a bird is what you will get.

We have a lot of time to give the bird plenty of attention. I just cannot find a breeder right now. I have been doing tons of research on parrots, parrot training, and I did have an umbrella cockatoo for ten years, so I think we can give the bird a great, loving, attentive and healthy home.

I just can't find any babies or even clutches. :(

Buzz2537

Aug 16, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw
I am in NJ and it wasterrible hard hereas well to find a Hahn's, even rescue had none. I found one breeder but I did not feel he was what I was looking for in a breeder. A little sketchy. I did end up getting my little girl at Bird Paradise. I liked them, because they DNA'd and also disease tested and vaccinated for diseaseand there price was not any higher then the norm.if you are patient and keep looking... I can tell you they are woth the wait. Hahnna is so muchin such a small package. She is five months now and has quite a vocabulary, phrases and all. She is full of curiosityand always into trouble and constantly entertains us withher antics. She also does not just momic, she word associates. So very intelligent. Good luck Elaine and Hahnna.

Most Reactions