Hello everybody :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Hi,
I've been looking for a friendly parrot forum for a while, and have lurked here for a little bit. I am SO happy to have found this place and finally decided to register this evening.
My name is Wendy. Well, Wendy is my nickname. I was born and raised in Germany, my German name is Waltraud, but since I've been living in the US for more than 20 years, and the majority of the folks have a hard time pronouncing that name, I've been going by Wendy ;)
Anyway, I've lived in New Jersey for the past 13 years (hope not to retire here though), and have 3 parrots. Hunter, my 13 year old Yellow Nape Amazon, Niko(lai), my nearly 3 year old Blue & Gold Macaw, and Sam(my), the baby, my 12 week old Double Yellow Head Magna Amazon.
I'm also owned by 2 dogs. An American Bulldog and an American Bulldog/Pit mix.
I'm currently on my laptop, but will try really hard to get you all some pics of my flock. (Just about all my pics are on my regular PC).
Ok, so here's a big out loud "HELLO EVERYONE, looking forward to meeting you." :)

Warm regards,
Wendy

Last edited:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey Wendy , welcome to the forum. Glad you found us,sounds like you might need a support group with that flock,LOL I too have a house full of amazons, gotta lovem. Don't be shy,jump right in and be involved. We have lots of discussions about amazons, macaws too. Hope to see you around.

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
Hi Wendy, Welcome to the forum .
Your Fids are beautiful : )

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Hi Wendy , Welcome :)
Your birds are gorgeous , beautiful feathering on all !!
Love your B&G , stunning !

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Hi Wendy, what a beautiful flock you have.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks so much for the warm welcome. :)

My FIDS do keep me pretty busy and on my toes, but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

One of the things my parrots have tought me that if someone calls me a "bird brain", it's actually the biggest compliment ;)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Just a few more pictures of my flock & my dogs, Oscar & Ziva.

Last edited:

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
good looking fids. I have a feeling that the birds boss the dogs around. welcome to the forum. Alison and sweetie pie:D

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks again for the awesome welcome.

Oh yes, Alison, your feeling is dead on ;) Niko (the B & G) goes as far as trying to lure the dogs over by dropping food off his playtree. As soon as they try and snatch up the food he dives for the lowest perch, dangling on one toe, trying his hardest to get to them. Quite the comedy show at times.

good looking fids. I have a feeling that the birds boss the dogs around. welcome to the forum. Alison and sweetie pie:D

Pookamama

Jul 10, 2012
Oregon, USA
Parrots
Pepper, a Timneh African Grey
Welcome Wendy! Thanks for sharing pics of your birds! I am new here and in birdie searching mode!

Most Reactions