Hello everybody! :)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
He's so cute! I love the videos of him!

And welcome to the forum, there a lot of fantastic people with awesome advice :)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
th_hello.gif
and welcome to the forum:)

He is adorable.

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Hi there Peter, welcome to the forum. Richard is adorable in the videos & I love all the photos. Beautiful boy! :)

My Grandparents on my Mom's side were born in Czechoslovakia (before it became a republic:rolleyes:). They came to the US around the turn of the 20th century. Wished I knew the language, but my Mom did not have the patience to teach us kids.:(

I look forward to seeing more photos & videos of Richard.:red1:

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
Welcome!!
I can't wait till I go to czech!
I had an exchange student from Most in Czech Republic, she lived with me for 11 months, that was almost 7 years ago now, and she only left two weeks ago after her yearly visit!
It's the only place I really want to go to! And of course travel Europe while I'm at it! Haha
Enjoy the forum and nice video! :)

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Hi there Peter, welcome to the forum. Richard is adorable in the videos & I love all the photos. Beautiful boy! :)

My Grandparents on my Mom's side were born in Czechoslovakia (before it became a republic:rolleyes:). They came to the US around the turn of the 20th century. Wished I knew the language, but my Mom did not have the patience to teach us kids.:(

I have tried many times to learn czech, apparently it is one of the hardest languages to learn! Believe me it's hard lol. But I know a little, not enough to have a conversation though :( haa

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies

I have tried many times to learn czech, apparently it is one of the hardest languages to learn! Believe me it's hard lol. But I know a little, not enough to have a conversation though :( haa

It is hard to say the words right.:rolleyes: My Mom would try to teach me a few words & she would tell me I had to 'trill' my tongue.:confused: I couldn't grasp what she meant & she would get exasperated with me.:( I did grow up listening to my Grandparents speaking it everyday & I still remember a few words.:) My Grandfather spoke a 'broken English' that I always found fascinating & they both learned to speak, read & write English very well. I can barely manage one language. I have 2nd cousins who speak Czech fluently, but I don't live close enough to them to learn. What's worse is trying to spell those words.:eek:

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots

It is hard to say the words right.:rolleyes: My Mom would try to teach me a few words & she would tell me I had to 'trill' my tongue.:confused: I couldn't grasp what she meant & she would get exasperated with me.:( I did grow up listening to my Grandparents speaking it everyday & I still remember a few words.:) My Grandfather spoke a 'broken English' that I always found fascinating & they both learned to speak, read & write English very well. I can barely manage one language. I have 2nd cousins who speak Czech fluently, but I don't live close enough to them to learn. What's worse is trying to spell those words.:eek:

Haha I can write alot of Czech, but I can't say most words, I had the same problem, how do you do that with your tongue when you talk?! Haha

OP
H

Humbal

Mar 10, 2013
Czech Republic
Parrots
Gray parrot Richard
Soo if you would like, I can write only czech for you :D But i think it must be very dificult language for you :) And here I take a new foto of Richard with his new straps:)

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
Oh, my goodness...the angry bird video was fabulous! It reminded me of my Wilbur :green2:, who flipped out every time he saw my sons medication container... he would attack it and look at me like, "look, Mama, I am SAVING you from the BAD THING!" :D:D:D:D:D

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Soo if you would like, I can write only czech for you :D But i think it must be very dificult language for you :) And here I take a new foto of Richard with his new straps:)

Haha! I don't think that would be a very good idea, we may get confused lol

Most Reactions