Hello from Sarasota

morpheus

Jul 1, 2014
Florida Gulf Coast
Parrots
2 IRNs, two Budgies, two Tiels, three Canaries.
I've been lurking for a while and finally registered a day or two ago. I'm looking to purchase a Sun Conure so I thought it was time to come out of hiding. I currently have three canaries and two tiels.
Love reading the post here and taking advice on care and feeding of birds. I also enjoy getting to know the different breeds. Very interesting forum....Tom

Attachments

• Bird 038.jpg
    Bird 038.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Bird 021.jpg
    Bird 021.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 59
  • Bird 025.jpg
    Bird 025.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 59

Ducatimom

Jun 10, 2014
Media
Colorado Springs, CO
Parrots
6 yr old Sun Conure (Ducati)
Hi Tom! Welcome! I just got my Sun last month and I couldn't be happier with him. He can be very loud so I hope you aren't looking for a nice quiet bird lol. Looking forward to seeing your new friend. You already have a very pretty flock.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey tom, welcome to the forum. Several of us forum members live near you. See you around on the forum.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Welcome Tom. Glad you came out of hiding :) this is the right place to be! Many owners of Suns here to help.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Welcome to the forum., and happy forth of July...Alison:)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello Tom and welcome!
Your flock is gorgeous and I can't wait to see pics of your Sun when he/she comes home:)
Glad you joined us!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey Tom, when you going to get your post count up enough to PM members??

OP
morpheus

morpheus

Jul 1, 2014
Florida Gulf Coast
Parrots
2 IRNs, two Budgies, two Tiels, three Canaries.
Hey Tom, when you going to get your post count up enough to PM members??
Working on that now. Might take a while as I don't do much small talk but I do hope to become more active. Just from hanging out here for the last couple of weeks, I have gone from wanting a SC to thinking maybe a IRN might be a better fit for me. My 89 y/o mother lives in the house with me and the noise of a SC might be to much. So, I'm shopping IRNs. Looks like there may be a good breeder or two in the Sarasota area. If anyone has a lead for me to follow up on in the Sarasota/Tampa area, let me know. And as always, thanks.....Tom

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Hey Tom, saw a blue IRN at a local rescue this AM. It's about 20 minutes north of you ,near Palmetto. You going to that bird fair on Sunday? I'll be there at 9am. Lots of IRNs there for cheap.

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
Hey Tom

Welcome to the forum. i had a beautiful red factor male canary, named Skiddle. He was so much fun. When he was out, he was free to fly around. He loved Stevie Ray Vaughns steel guitar and Led Zeppelin. i was so sad when he died. Actually i was devastated. i would wake up to his beautiful singing, and I loved watching him take his daily bath. Now I have two ingredible sweet, but bratty birds. A Senegal named Rio, and parrotlet named Kiwi. I am sad Skiddle is gone, but so happy that I didnt give up on bird ownership.

GW.Joe

Nov 26, 2013
Southeastern PA (15 miles west of Philly in a smal
Parrots
HI Fellow Parrot Lovers! Baby Green Wing Macaw, Loving Departed Yellow-naped Amazon "Poe"
Hi Tom, I would say "Welcome" but instead.... Thanks for coming out of the woodwork and making your presence known LOL

So Glad to have you with us!! Thanks for Sharin (you know we LOVE pics) Good Luck on your Conure quest and please keep us updated !!

Joe

Most Reactions