Hello Here is my lovely Ekki here!!!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
If I had to guess, I'd say that's a very young male VOS eckie, but I am only guessing... and I'm not real big on my Eckie subspecies. Eyes don't look right for an SI to me, but I'm no Eckie expert. Beyond guessing he's a VOS I couldn't tell you which subspecies of VOS he is.

As Wendy pointed out, he doesn't even have a mature beak color yet, so he's 6 months or so to less than one year old. So that I am confident.

And he's definitely a BOY! THANKS, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!

Last edited:

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Hi there and welcome!! He's defintely very young, Labell, Jersey Wendy and Birdman are seasoned experts. Your Ekkie is beautiful. I am new to Ekkies and I found on Land of Vos's sight they have a great chart for the different variations there. Check it out if you haven't.

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Hi there and welcome!! He's defintely very young, Labell, Jersey Wendy and Birdman are seasoned experts. Your Ekkie is beautiful. I am new to Ekkies and I found on Land of Vos's sight they have a great chart for the different variations there. Check it out if you haven't.

Not when it comes to Eckie's I'm not! I had a female foster named Ruby, (not to be confused with the female Ruby macaw foster also named Ruby... Originality isn't a high priority with parrot names apparently.) and I worked with a couple of other Eckies down at the rescue, and that's about it.

In my opinion, not to take away from anyone else, but Labell is the "go to" Eckie person on this board... So, her answer is most likely the correct one. She says VOS/Red sided cross which makes perfect sense to me. I'd consider that close to gospel.

I can tell you a little bit about diet specific problems and such cuz I had to deal with that one myself. Beyond that, I'm not the person to ask. Eckies are a bird that doesn't get dumped all that often, unless they become pluckers, or develop (usually diet related) other health issues... which I think says a lot about them as pet quality birds. "Behaviorally challenged" Cockatoos, macaws, conures, and amazons... and some plucking CAGS, that's what I worked with primarily.

Eckies, not so much. Unless it's diet. They need primarily fresh. They don't do well on packaged "vitamin enriched" foods. And they are diet sensitive birds, so if you don't know about that stuff, you need to do your homework.

Last edited:
OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
Used to have alot fo parrots. But right now only have a Male Ekki
Nice!! Swee la bro!!
Look healthy. Where did u buy from , serangoon north?
Mind PM me the price.
I just got mysef a male too.

I trade with a guy bird to bird..

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
Upload more pics to let u guys see!!

Attachments

• IMG_2429[1].jpg
    IMG_2429[1].jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_2430[1].jpg
    IMG_2430[1].jpg
    99 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_2426[1].jpg
    IMG_2426[1].jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2427[1].jpg
    IMG_2427[1].jpg
    86 KB · Views: 132
OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
This picture show that my Air-con was away from cage. So i hope its good place to place to slp at a air-con room.

Attachments

• IMG_2418[1].jpg
    IMG_2418[1].jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 154

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Two things the cage is very small for that large of a parrot so hopefully he is getting lots of out of the cage time. The second thing is the bottled vitamins, eclectus do not typically handle additional supplementation of vitamins and do better getting all they need from actual fresh variety of foods. So I would not recommend using that but instead making sure you are feeding the correct real fresh foods to your boy. There are lots of post here on correct diet as well as the website "The Land Of Vos" I would encourage you to do lots of reading into correct diet so that your boy stays happy and healthy.:)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
What she said!

With bottled vitamins you usually get TOE TAP! That's a pretty big no-no with an Eckie!

Diet knowledge is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL with eckies. You can't skip that...

Last edited:

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I'm still working on getting my Ekkie to eat more fresh veg and fruit. The latest trick working with her is I put a veggie mix in a coffee cup and sit it on my table. I'll eat some and she comes running, she has to have what's in the cup so I've gotten her to eat more veggies and new things like okra, kale and spinach, mixed in brown rice, chopped up very fine. Eating is a flock activity so we all eat at the same time. For tonight I have cantaloupe to cut up for all of us to have tonight so that helps with bonding too. Land of Vos is a great site to use, we use it for reference and study on our Ekkie. Good luck.

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
Thanks everyone for the great help out and links.. Yes i give fresh apple, banana, Green Vegs, corn, carrot, ects..

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
Upload new pic with my Jade and Ruby.. Both are bonded pair.. Sorry the cage is small for them, But i letting them to come out Most of the TIME.. only at night will be sleeping back to they cage. Of cos i going to get a bigger cage for them by this week. So sorry i also feel sad for them..

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
The female Ekki should be age 1yr plus right? also what breed is this female ekki?

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
New Ekki To my Family Members...

Sorry i dont know why how come i cant upload pics on my previous Thread. Anyway Here is my other female ekki, They are a bonded pair. they had being tgt for almost 1yr over. And few days ago just separated by the ex owner. and im the new owner here.. Of cos, right now the cage are super small for them. But i going to get a new cage by this few days.. SOrry Bro and Sis, to make u all sad to see the cage i had now.. VERY SORRY...

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
How much does the female weigh? And we need photos of her tail length to take an educated guess. :) I can tell with certainty she is NOT a Vosmaeri. :D

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
How much does the female weigh? And we need photos of her tail length to take an educated guess. :) I can tell with certainty she is NOT a Vosmaeri. :D

Weight should be 400g above.. Anyway I will take Tmr, I give them slp already. And I feel like a red sided eclectus.

Most Reactions

Latest posts