X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
Used to have alot fo parrots. But right now only have a Male Ekki
How much does the female weigh? And we need photos of her tail length to take an educated guess. :) I can tell with certainty she is NOT a Vosmaeri. :D

JersyWendy, Her weight is at 440g and upload a few pics of her.. as well The male ekki Tgt..

Have you noted this pic? This pic feather was the female feather. Was bite off from the male want.. After i put on my stainless steel stand, the male want also bite her feather at the bottom Mouth. Sad to see.. Hope nothing to be happen to my female ekki.. Cause this 2 bonded pair from a ex-owner who give up, and i buy from him.. both of them had put being together for about 1 year plus.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I'm fairly certain she is a Red Sided Eclectus. And a BIG one, too. :) For a second I thought, perhaps she's an Aru, but Aru Island Ekkis have a distinct blue eyering, which yours is lacking.
Identification of Subspecies of the Eclectus Parrot - Graham Taylor (Australia)

OUCH! Poor girl had so sacrifice some feathers. I guess he didn't want to share the space with her.

Are you planning on breeding this pair? If so, please know that females mature quicker than males. Red Sided 'usually' mature around 4 years, but it may take the male an additional year to know what to do. :54:

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
I'm fairly certain she is a Red Sided Eclectus. And a BIG one, too. :) For a second I thought, perhaps she's an Aru, but Aru Island Ekkis have a distinct blue eyering, which yours is lacking.
Identification of Subspecies of the Eclectus Parrot - Graham Taylor (Australia)

OUCH! Poor girl had so sacrifice some feathers. I guess he didn't want to share the space with her.

Are you planning on breeding this pair? If so, please know that females mature quicker than males. Red Sided 'usually' mature around 4 years, but it may take the male an additional year to know what to do. :54:

my friend was told me is a red sided ekki.. So you guess Breed is Aru for the female right? the Female want Name was called Ruby, and male name called Jade.

Seriously i hope the male want will stop bite the female feathers... Sad to see, and make me angry to the male want..

So for breeding, my friend told at least need about 3yrs to 4yrs to breed. so am i right?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
No, I think she IS a Red Sided. When you first gave the weight, I thought perhaps she's an Aru, but no, she's NOT an Aru but most likely a Red Sided. :)

And yes, your friend is right, 4-5 years.

If the male continues to harass her, I'd keep them separated until he learns how to play 'nice'.

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
No, I think she IS a Red Sided. When you first gave the weight, I thought perhaps she's an Aru, but no, she's NOT an Aru but most likely a Red Sided. :)

And yes, your friend is right, 4-5 years.

If the male continues to harass her, I'd keep them separated until he learns how to play 'nice'.

ok.. anyway the male eat more then the female... today buy 2 toys for them, 1 toy already spoil.. so fast!!!

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots

A short video after they bath. You have to click the pic to go to my Bucket link.

Last edited:

GWMYR

Apr 20, 2015
Parrots
Ruby Macaw.
Hi there, I'm from Singapore too, nice ekkie you have there. Your nick seems so familiar.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
They are an absolutely beautiful couple!!

The male does indeed look to be a Vos.

OP
X

xiaohe1984

Banned
Banned
Mar 19, 2015
singapore
Parrots
thanks for the feedback.. The male was mentioned is was a red sided...

Most Reactions