Hello. It's nice to be back.

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Hi everyone. It's been some weeks since I've been away from the forums. I had technical challenges (computer issues) and using my phone for most things got old really fast.

I really missed reading your stories, ideas, new going-ons with your fids and the photos of the beauties and adorable ones.

Pritti is doing well. Still molting lots of feathers, but seems far less uncomfortable since his head and neck don't feel like a porcupine right now. I've been putting the dropped feathers into a jar since about September, especially because he is and has been featherless on full chest and legs for about 16 years. He actually snuggles up next to the feather jar from time to time. He has some new toys that he likes alot - especially the one with large and small wobble balls hanging on chains with bells at the end.

We hope everyone is well and enjoying 2013.

Wanna and Pritti
:green1:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
Welcome back!

I had wondered for a time where you went! So glad to hear of an update from you two!!!

Is Pritti eating well?

OP
WannaBeAParrot

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Hi MonicaMc.

How are your flockmates? I hope everyone is happy and healthy.

Pritti is finally completely off the Pellet-berries and Nutriberries. i was down to half a 12 oz pellet-berries container and about to give in and order the 3.5 lb pkg sonce he would not eat any other bird foods. It was then that I resolved to get Pritti off them. I was concerned about the propylene glycol and also not enuf balanced nutrition. So I tookZupreem natural and chopped it up in food peocessor withaq little peanut butter because it worked so well to get meds in him. About 2/3 cup to 1 tsp. Made a gravel looking product. OMG it worked like a charm and we haven't looked back. He eats his fresh foods well too.

Still runny poops at times and perfect looking at others. I notice he is drinking alot of h20 lately. Am calling our a-vet tomorrow. He seems healthy and very energetic.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
We're pretty chilled over here, winter weather and all, but otherwise doing well! Keeping warm, of course!

Glad he's eating better!!!

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Welcome back! Glad to hear Pritti is doing well. That's a cute story about him snuggling up to the feather jar.

Most Reactions