Hello :-)

Gingerchezy

Jul 21, 2012
England
Parrots
GCC: Chewie
Hi everyone

I've just got a beautiful green cheeked conure, I think i'm going to call her Chewie because she nibbles everything including me. I've had her for about a week but i'm so new to all this and a lot of things get me worried! I'm hoping there will be a few people on here that will have gone through the settling in period and 'beaking'!

She's a little terror but I love her to bits :)

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
one of my good friends has a GCC name chewiw. it just takes some time for a bird to settle in. make sure you get him/her out everyday play with him/her. gave him treats. spend as much time as you can everyday. more then a couple hours day and it will speed up the process

OP
G

Gingerchezy

Jul 21, 2012
England
Parrots
Thanks for the reply! I've been trying to play with her as much as possible - my only problem at the moment is I think she might be a little too attached? She cries for me when I leave the room or move too far away from her whether she's in the cage or wandering around my front room. And she's sleeping with her tail in her bath. At least its warm here! :)

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
Welcome to the forums and Congrats on your new addition indeed we have being through the settling in period even tho when my mam got her baby Senegal she settled in right away as for me in one month and nine days time I will have to go through this period myself as I am getting a baby blue fronted amazon named sky and I know she will bring me all the joy in the world :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey ,welcome to the forum. Sounds like you just got a baby. The" beaking" is mostly them just exploring their world and learning what is acceptable behavior. If she gets too rough, tell her "easy" or something to let her know that it's not OK. She and yourself are learning about each other and she needs you to show her what is OK. It's a normal thing with young parrots.

Total_Dejavu

Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Jules - Yellow Sided GCC, Buju - My sweet lil Meyer's, Micah - Sun Concure :o)
All above are right. Mine gets a little carried away too at times so I just tell her no biting in a stronger tone and put her back in the cage. She hates being away from me so after some chill time I pick her up again and she's much better. They're like toddlers, but so smart so they pick up pretty quickly. Welcome!

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Hi everyone

I've just got a beautiful green cheeked conure, I think i'm going to call her Chewie because she nibbles everything including me. I've had her for about a week but i'm so new to all this and a lot of things get me worried! I'm hoping there will be a few people on here that will have gone through the settling in period and 'beaking'!

She's a little terror but I love her to bits :)

How old is she? She's sounds beautiful...

OP
G

Gingerchezy

Jul 21, 2012
England
Parrots
She hatched on 2nd May, so nearly 3 months :) she still has a few baby feathers, she's especially tufty on top of her head! Her favourite things are apple and my tv, and her least favourite thing is me wandering to the kitchen to do washing up.

I'll try and get some pictures on here if I can figure it out

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
When we first got Scooter, I entered the room with great trepidation each morning just hoping he was still alive! So I get the paranoia thing -- it does get better! Welcome.

Most Reactions

Latest posts