Hello

karenbale

Nov 6, 2014
Hello, thankyou for reading this post. I have just acquired a rose breasted galah, she is beautiful and I am thrilled that she is going to be a part of our family. I was hoping to be her number 1 companion, but she has already after less than a week indicated that she prefers the men of the household rather than me:( I wonder if maybe I am too "full on" and expecting too much. She is approximately 3years old we think, and this is probably her 3rd home. I thought I knew what to do, lol, obviously I don't! I keep my hands down, look at her from the side, talk to her quietly and do all the feeding cleaning etc. If I go to the cage, she retreats to the other side as far away as she can get, if my husband or son go to the cage she is straight up to the bars looking for attention, even offering her foot in an attempt to touch!!! She happily bows her head for strokes etc, but me, nothing just bites, not too hard, and dis interest.:( I know it is still early days, but she acts so differently around the men!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts