Hello

MatthewDusty

Jan 10, 2018
My name is Matthew and my mother adopted a 1-winged African Grey named Dusty, coming to this forum to get information on problems we may have with her.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
so......what are the problems? open up let us help you! not saying I can help but we have a large african grey base, and those people are good!

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome! Glad you adopted, and looking forward to seeing pictures of your new addition. Feel free to ask questions as they come up - lots of knowledgeable and active members here :).

bug_n_flock

Jan 2, 2018
Isolated Holler in the Appalachian Wilderness
Parrots
B&G Macaw, Galah, 5 cockatiels, 50 billion and a half budgies. We breed and do rescue. Too many to list each individual's name and age etc, but they are each individuals and loved dearly.
Welcome welcome! I look forward to learning all about Dusty. One of the private zoos I worked for had a 1 winged cockatiel named Pal. He was such a sweet bird and did well, as long as we had laddars around to everything for him.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome!
I'm glad you found our community.
We'll look forward to hearing your continuing story.

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Welcome to you Matthew, and to Dusty! Greys can be challenging but luckily this community is full of members with years (even decades) of experience and knowledge with this species.

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
so......what are the problems? open up let us help you! not saying I can help but we have a large african grey base, and those people are good!

I think they might just be proactive about making friends for when they do have problems, not neccasarily having problems now ;)

Although of course if you are...we're waiting.... :rolleyes::p

Welcome! I'd love to see photos of your precious fid! Whats with the one wing thing?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed Matt and Dusty ( geat name for a Grey). Thank your Mom for us for adopting a special needs Grey. She is not alone on here, use the search feature to look up special needs threads. We even have someone who adopted a blind Ekkie, who is doing OK!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome, thanks for joining and taking on a bird with challenges! We're here to offer whatever assistance you desire.

Most Reactions