Help me name my CGCC!!!

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.
As most of you know, i have bought a cinnamon green cheek and im bringing him/her home on Saturday!!!! I am having trouble naming him/her :/ I am thinking...:
Iggy
Prim (short for Primrose)
Hazel
Glimmer
Nudge
If you have any other suggestions, post here!!!

TurquoiseMel

Aug 10, 2011
NJ
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures
Turquoise: Loquito (Little crazy) aka Loqui.
Cinnamon: Lila
I like Prim. Primmy. Sounds cute.

I'm having the same trouble naming mine! lol
My list:
Halo *
Gambi *
Blue (my mom's idea)
Sora*
Sylee
Soul
Mumble
Marvel*
Kyo *
Kuro

*'s are the one's I like more. I originally wanted to call him Silas but it turned out to be too many S sounds to say it repeatedly. I suggest repeating any of these names over & over & see which one YOU may find to be too much of a hassle to say.

Anyway feel free to use one of the one's off my list if you like em lol, I have too many names for just one bird haha.

Good luck tho! Sometimes once you have the bird a name just comes to you.

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
Kyo or what about Kayo ! , I think l like that name , your bird should be able to repeat it as well .
I,m sure both birds will be happy with either names u guys pick, good luck.
Cheers...

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
Are you going to get him/her DNA tested?

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
I definitely will but not now. Its soo hard to choose a name!!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Cricket actually named himself. It sounded as if he was saying it. Now he says Hey Cricket all the time which he started at 4 months of age. Name will come to you.

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
It is so much easier to name a bird that has been DNA tested. Have THEM do it before you take he/she home.

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
I dont really like Kyo, lol :p
Im thinking either Iggy or Hazel, I like how Iggy sounds....so i think Iggy but im not sure.

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
It does sound like they are saying cricket!!

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
Carlisle came named and I really like his name so I kept it. (boyfriend wanted to name him "Sunny" psssh... Sunny the Sun Conure. Sooooooo original :p) Kayak came originally named "Kaya" but i didn't like the sound of it so I stuck a K on the end and called her Kayak or to make her mad I call her "Yak Yak".

2 of my keets were named Metzger (butcher) and Meister (master) from a Rammstein song. I figured little budgies are not master butchers so they were good names for them. Spooky was named because I got him on Halloween, he was a spooky little bird, and he's mostly white.

I'm sure you'll think of a name. Look up words you really like in another language if you know any. I speak German fairly well so I've managed to name 2 of mine in German and my best friend's Cockatiel is named Panzer (tank). Her Caique is Howitzer or Howie for short. She was looking up weapons and military vehicles to give him a name. It's fun to name a pet and it's even more fun if you find a very unique name.

I like to find weird names where people look at you like you've got two heads for naming your pet that. Kayak gets that all the time but she will always be my little Kayak Burd to me.

woubette

Sep 19, 2011
Media
Texas
Parrots
Rio-Pineapple GCC
Kai-Cinnamon GCC
I knew I wanted very short names that would be easy for my fids to say...I have Rio and Kai. Both are pineapple GCCs!

Most Reactions

Latest posts