Help us find another fid...

Billy29

Jul 26, 2013
Parrots
Yellow Shouldered Amazon
Quaker parrot
From what I read the Galah cockatoos are very cuddly. The one I met was very sweet and if I wasn't getting a Amazon it would be my second choice. I wanted a clown so I got a Amazon although I think conures are the clowns of the bird world.

Gizmomania

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2012
San Diego
Parrots
Duskies: Gizmo & Niko, hatched 3/12 & 5/12; pineapple GCC: Skittles, 5/10/13; Pan Am: Harley, 1/27/13; CAG: Maalik, 7/27/13; Eclectus: Ziggy, 4/4/04; BHC: Walter 6 y; baby Jardine's: Bogart-May!
Our local aviary has a 17 year old Galah named Stitch. Whenever I go in to buy my birdie supplies, I always ask them to get him out so that I can hold him. He is such a cuddlebug, and hungers for his scritches. His previous owner had to give him up due to his new wife not being a bird person. He left a long list of all the things he loves and his quirks (stealing sunglasses off your face, and defending his beloved paper towel cardboard pieces).

I wish he were closer to your area because I know he'd melt your heart if you had a chance to snuggle with him. Don't know if they ship or not.

I had my Pan and also 3 of my German Shepherds shipped to me over the years. The airlines take very good care of their animals from start to finish.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
When I saw you would prefer a bird who loves to cuddle, go to everyone, etc, I honestly can't say that an Amazon would fit that criteria, unless you have one VERY special zon. Both of mine are well socialized and WILL go to other people, they better think twice about touching Sam. :54: He will sit pretty on your hand, and eyeball you the whole time, making sure you don't try any funny business with him, like get a quick "pat" in. ;)

I think a Galah would be a GREAT choice! (And this is coming from a zon person...go ahead and open up a can of whoop-a$$ on me now)

So of course I did some looking for you...check these out

Rose Breasted Cockatoo For Sale In IN :: BirdBreeders.com

Rose Breasted Cockatoo For Sale In FL :: BirdBreeders.com

Awww c'mon- if capt saw this post he might punish you severely!!! Lol we all know amazons just love everyone to pieces... Bite sized pieces ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ

I can totally picture Sam eyeballing -don't even think of touching me! It's bad enough you're holding me! Lol

Maybe someday down the road I'll have another zon...

The first link didn't show anything, but the second did- is Lone Palm Aviary a good breeder? Has anyone had experiences with them? I have the funds, just need to find a legit breeder.

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
I dont know...Parker is pretty cuddly

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
OMG OMG OMG... I just emailed Jessica at Lone Palm Aviary ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜„ let's see where we go from here...

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
OMG OMG OMG... I just emailed Jessica at Lone Palm Aviary �������� let's see where we go from here...

Ask the Capt about Lone Palm. ;) You'll be VERY happy with his response. :D

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
HA! The first link showed nothing because it's no longer there. :eek: That bird went fast. Holy smokes!! :11:

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
OMG OMG OMG... I just emailed Jessica at Lone Palm Aviary รญ ยฝรญยธยรญ ยฝรญยธยรญ ยฝรญยธยณรญ ยฝรญยธ„ let's see where we go from here...

Ask the Capt about Lone Palm. ;) You'll be VERY happy with his response. :D

If it's Capt approved then I could probably consider myself lucky lol

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Look at this sweet little face!!

A8D7DBB4-02A0-4810-87E9-83F7A1FB7AEC-359-0000002FF7414F1E_zpsd0dd8b4d.jpg

I don't know if this one is our baby, but it's 1 of 2 :D

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Turns out the babies are at another breeder in Cali, but I'll have my baby in 10 days- 10 days from now will be my birthday!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ couldn't ask for better birthday present.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Ahhhh!! The suspense is killing me!!! I want to shnuggle my baby NOW๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜–

I still need to get everything cleaned, disinfected, and set up.. So I guess 10 days is a decent time....I suppose... Lol

Poppetsmum

Jul 31, 2013
Parrots
Poppet. A Quaker.
I'm so happy and excited for you. I've been following this thread hoping for a happy outcome. 10 days will fly by. :)

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
I'm so happy and excited for you. I've been following this thread hoping for a happy outcome. 10 days will fly by. :)

We decided last night on a galah, so this morning I asked hubby "soooooo... When can we buy one?" and he said "whenever you want, but I want another bird ASAP" ๐Ÿ˜Š so that was that. Lol! There are just a few details to work out with the breeder, but I'm hoping to have everything taken care of by the end of the day.

OP
getwozzy

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
IT'S OFFICIAL!!! Now I just have to impatiently await the arrival of our new baby ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
So, what's the exact date of your birthday, getwozzy???

SoCalWendy

Jun 29, 2013
Kihei, Hawaii
Parrots
None at the moment
I think having another bird will help heal your heart, in no way are you replacing Jackie :) Are you interested in another amazon? I've loved all the lilac crowned amazons I've met, and they are so beautiful. I've also heard great things about Cape parrots, and lots of people love eclectus and the beautiful Pionus parrots.

So much to pick from, you could go with anything that fits your cage size and how much time you will have.

Here's two great, although high maintenance, species that I can highly recommend ;)

tumblr_ms4mceg6pr1r96qxho1_1280.jpg

I couldn't agree with you more! Rio has definitely helped me. When my canary skidded died, I was very heartbroken. Sorry for your loss.

Most Reactions

Latest posts