Help with my new macaw

Pevi

Nov 2, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am going to be the new owner of a 17 month old blue-and-yellow macaw. Current owner who lives far away from me, sent me some photos. Before going a long way to pick up it. I wanted to ask you if you think that it looks healthy.

Thank you very much.

clofromco

Oct 17, 2014
colorado
Parrots
Scarlet macaw
My limited experience...yes. looks good. I just aquired a scarlet macaw with much dander and unzippered feathers. This little fella looks like he/she has fruit in the bowl and fresh water, clean cage. If in doubt, ask for a av check before commiting.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
He looks healthy, but that's never an indicator if a bird actually is or not. The majority of sick birds look "fine". It is routine for all new birds to have them examined by an avian vet soon after bringing them home. That way any health issues can be identified and treated. And my goodness does that poor baby need a bigger cage! That cage is WAY to small for that bird:eek:

Mattroma

Oct 22, 2013
Ma
Parrots
Quinn- Harlequin
Lemon and Blueberry Budgies
It is always best to have a full vet check, a lot of ailments will show up in blood work. I hope to god that isn't his cage.

Sunset_Chaser

Sep 25, 2014
Minnesota
Parrots
Bella (B&G Macaw)
2 Yellow Naped Amazons,
8 Lovebirds,
2 Green Cheeks,
2 Sun Conures,
2 Indian Ringnecks,
2 Quakers
I agree, the cage looks too small for him! Also, where are the toys?

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Can't be his cage. 1. You'd never fit him through the door; and, 2. You'd probably lose a few body parts if you tried!

He looks healthy to me.

Most Reactions