He's Here!!!

Shayne

Jan 9, 2013
My baby is home.

He's already destroyed the perch on the top of his playstand as you can see. I'll upload some more pictures and a video in a bit. I think I need to makea youtube account as I've never uploaded a video before.

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Replace it with pvc pipe like you use for plumbing. You cut it to length and then put the right size pvc caps on there. Then stick it in and use regular screws to secure it on where the wing nuts used to be. That's how I fixed mine, I have the same type of metal stand and my greenwing destroyed the wooden perch.

Lovely baby, congrats :)

robopetz

Dec 2, 2012
Hawaii
Parrots
Congo African Grey - Beemo, Sun Conure - Charlie, Lovebird - Benny, Zsa Zsa - Cockatiel, Poot - Red Vented Bulbul
He's gorg! Whats his name? He definitely made himself at home by taking that piece of wood off. lol How old?

OP
S

Shayne

Jan 9, 2013
The last owner called him Rupert so I will keep that name if he turns out to be a boy. He is 7 months old.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
He is beautiful!!! Congrats!!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Congratulations! What a beauty!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Replace it with pvc pipe like you use for plumbing. You cut it to length and then put the right size pvc caps on there. Then stick it in and use regular screws to secure it on where the wing nuts used to be. That's how I fixed mine, I have the same type of metal stand and my greenwing destroyed the wooden perch.

I agree, bautiful baby there, congratulations :)

Tara, that's a clever idea, the pvc instead of the wood! It's not too slippery? Raven has a wood dowel on the playtop that came with his cage. He thinks it's a wood toy and is destroying it, so very soon I'll have to replace it.

OP
S

Shayne

Jan 9, 2013
He's certainly one cuddly bird. Just spent the last 3 hours snuggling on the sofa with him. I managed to get him cleaned up without annoying him too much. I don't think he's had a bath for months. His throat feathers had old food stuck in them and he had poo on his right wing.
He does not want to step up though but fortunately isn't too opposed to me sliding my fingers under each of his rear toes and lifting him straight off his perch.

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Awww...look at that beautiful baby! Congrats!!!

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa

Tara, that's a clever idea, the pvc instead of the wood! It's not too slippery? Raven has a wood dowel on the playtop that came with his cage. He thinks it's a wood toy and is destroying it, so very soon I'll have to replace it.

We took fine sandpaper and sanded it for texture so it was less slippery. She's not having any trouble on it so it seems fine. She does test it out with her beak but she's not able to make a dent. It's easier to clean as well.

EdgesofTwilight

Sep 2, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Parrots
Cosmo - Hahn's Macaw

You can wrap the PVC with Gorilla™ tape. That will give enough traction. Or That vet wrap stuff, but that tends not to last long.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Awww.... what a sweet baby and already destroying stuff lol! Rupert is going to be a ton of fun for you:D I like his stuffed macaw "friend";)

Most Reactions