Hey everyone!

LittleAlb

Jan 1, 2018
England
Parrots
Albert and Charlie the little blue budgies.
I've been lurking for awhile and making use of all the great information but I thought it was about time I joined and introduced myself!

My bird story has been a fairly short one so far but I've definitely caught the bug! About 2 years ago I started researching parrots and quickly decided that I'd like to own one in the near future. At the time I was still at university and knew my life style then was far from suitable so it was just a whole lot of research and dreaming!

Fast forward to five months ago, one of my mum's work colleagues wanted to rehome her two budgies as her family were no longer interested. Well I just couldn't say no and so Albert and Charlie joined the family. I've made use of this forum (the boys thank you all!) and other websites to improve their lives from cage bound, seed eating and not tame to free flying, veggie eating little trouble makers. It's been so rewarding understanding their own individual personalities and I think we've achieved quite a lot in the time I've had them. There is still some things I want to work on with them so I'll be heading over to the budgie section to ask some specific questions!

I'd still love to get another parrot in the future, something a little bigger than the boys, but I'm definitely in no rush. Despite all the research I'm still no closer to knowing which species would suit me best haha! Apologies for the long introduction, I could talk about them all day!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm so glad you decided to join us:)
I'd love to see pictures of Albert & Charlie, we love pictures here!
Looking forward to hearing more about your boys:)

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Welcome! Budgies are such cuties, please share pics. Sounds like you’ve worked hard to improve their lives already - lucky birdies! Love your practical approach about taking your time deciding on your next addition to the flock :)

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Yes, glad you stopped lurking! Welcome!

Oh, I love budgies. I wish the Rickeybird would let me have a couple.
Definitely, may we see pictures, please?

Budgies are great. So much parrot in such a cute little package!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you, Albert, and Charlie, thanks for joining!!

Kudos for taking a slow and reasoned approach to acquiring companion birds.

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
Welcome to the forum! Budgies are very intelligent and energetic little birds. I love their continuous "budgie chirps." Good on improving diet/life as it will only further enhance their enrichment. Parakeets in general are a broad species so if you want to continue later with a small parrot-like species, perhaps an Alexandrine, Indian Ringneck or Derbyan Parakeet? Regardless, there's a wealth of information here that is helpful for all things birds!

Last edited:
OP
L

LittleAlb

Jan 1, 2018
England
Parrots
Thank you all for such a warm welcome! And sorry for such a slow reply! Since posting this the boys have had a house upgrade from the little cages they came with to a massive flight cage each! I'm just working out how to post pictures but they're coming... haha

OP
L

LittleAlb

Jan 1, 2018
England
Parrots
littlealb-albums-albert-charlie-picture19202-albert.jpg

First picture is Albert, quickly posing mid preen.

littlealb-albums-albert-charlie-picture19200-charlie.jpg

Second is Charlie, puffed up for a nap.

Mindy

Nov 9, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
Finnegan the Timneh, Chicky the Cuban Amazon and Fanny Featherbottom the house chicken.
They're adorable! I saw some super budgies at the pet store the other day, I had to force myself to walk away and not bring one home : )

Most Reactions

Latest posts