Hey everyone

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Welcome!
I do love budgies. There's a reason they're the most popular little parrot in the world. I'm glad you found us, and glad you joined. As you already can see, this is a great site. It's my personal sanity-stop, just about every day.

9lhIlM0.jpg

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
How about Belle and Bandit? Has a nice ring together... Belle is sure a cute name anyway. :)

Welcome welcome!! Your little co-pilots are adorable. Congrats!

I recommend finding some pellets without any sweeteners or coloring. Zupreem does make an all-natural pellet that's better than the fruit stuff. I feed my boys Harrison's Adult Lifetime, I order from Harrison's directly or Amazon. They have a super-fine that is good for budgies.

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
West Central Louisiana, originally from Portland O
Parrots
2 Budgies
"Southern Belle" a blue female
"Beau Dandy" a green male
Welcome!
I do love budgies. There's a reason they're the most popular little parrot in the world. I'm glad you found us, and glad you joined. As you already can see, this is a great site. It's my personal sanity-stop, just about every day.

9lhIlM0.jpg

I've enjoyed nearly every interaction I've ever had with every bird I've ever met, Patrick chomped me one time pretty good, and a Senegal bite is surprisingly stout given the size, Homey was a bit of a jerk on occasion when he wanted to be, but usually they were as calm and loving as you could ask for. That all said they certainly never had the energy and the spunk that these budgies do, and the singing I hope will one day be common in the truck is a whole new level of fun that I never got with her birds. I can't say that I agree with birds being instigators of sanity however, rather the opposite, but in a good way. They introduce a healthy level of insanity to my life, keeps things from getting boring! You guys are great, thusfar welcoming and inclusive and not many forums of any stripe can claim that without tongue firmly in cheek...as far as bandit he gets pushed around by Belle just a tad too much to lay claim to anything quite so bold, but keep the suggestions coming, I typically let animals tell me what to call them, and you just never know when a word will jar something in my addled pate and remind me of something that hadn't occurred to me yet.

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
How about Belle and Bandit? Has a nice ring together... Belle is sure a cute name anyway. :)

Welcome welcome!! Your little co-pilots are adorable. Congrats!

I recommend finding some pellets without any sweeteners or coloring. Zupreem does make an all-natural pellet that's better than the fruit stuff. I feed my boys Harrison's Adult Lifetime, I order from Harrison's directly or Amazon. They have a super-fine that is good for budgies.

Thanks for the recommendation on chow, I'll definitely look into a better pellet, the sugar and corn/wheat fillers were not things I was a fan of, but given most pet stores feeding straight millet it was the thing I found available most likely to entice them into it, I have seen Harrisons mentioned several times but I never knew they had a blend done up special for little birds, I'll definitely be grabbing a bag and giving it a shot

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Alright, think I did these attachments right, few from around where I stopped in Oklahoma for the night and one of the birds...green bird had a massive bowel movement tonight, pretty sure that has as much to do with his diet being changed as anything because it looked like normal other than the size and he had a tough time getting through it, looks better than I have yet seen him since.

Might I suggest “Happy and Bashful”.... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Given her prim and proper behavior and always perfect grooming, I believe Belle, as in "Southern Belle" is what I'm settling on for the blue bird, just gotta come up with something for him now.

EDIT: Spelling

Ummm, southern Belle and southern Beau? Belle and Beau sounds like a real duet :D.

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
Might I suggest “Happy and Bashful”.... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Given her prim and proper behavior and always perfect grooming, I believe Belle, as in "Southern Belle" is what I'm settling on for the blue bird, just gotta come up with something for him now.

Ummm, southern Belle and southern Beau? Belle and Beau sounds like a real duet :D.

Well you did that on remarkably few clues my dear, synonymous to Beau is Dandy, and I think it more accurately captures his gregarious and cheery nature, tip of the hat for the suggestion, Belle and Dandy it shall be.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Belle and Dandy! I love it!! The names convey so much personality. :)

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)

Well you did that on remarkably few clues my dear, synonymous to Beau is Dandy, and I think it more accurately captures his gregarious and cheery nature, tip of the hat for the suggestion, Belle and Dandy it shall be.

Thank you kindly sir...little beau dandy and ms. southern belle will be right perfect I reckon :D.

OP

18WheelsOfSteel

Jun 26, 2019
Parrots
2 Budgies
Week in and I'm discovering the many uses of millet, the birds have been reticent to use 3 out of 4 toys, placing a bit of millet on top of them to where they can only be reached by climbing on the toys to get to it was too much for them, they are eagerly looking for more millet as we speak and enjoying themselves in the toys, I feel that this and Dandy being willing to climb on my hand to feed are huge milestones for one week together for untamed pet store birds, he is also looking much better, all the climbing seems to be building strength in his leg and he isn't favoring it so much, his feathers are looking much more sharp, groomed and in general he appears to be much healthier, still eats and sleeps like a freaking pig though, all in all it seems to be going well in birdy land

Most Reactions