Hey friend can you help me down from here ;)

wwendy104

Dec 30, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
African Grey
Conure
Ow yes they definitely appear to be chatting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 420
Jan 4, 2013
I live in Northwest Ohio.
Parrots
Coby is a Green Wing Macaw. He is seven years old. :0)
I would be totally freaking if that was my cat (Lucky) and Coby. They decided from day one to avoid one another. Lucky is a mean kitty and I'm afraid if they actually got that close to one another she would jump on Coby. I wouldn't even want to try to figure out who would win that fight. It's great that yours get along so well. They do look like they are conspiring together. :D

OP
wwendy104

wwendy104

Dec 30, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
African Grey
Conure
I was sitting close and the picture makes it look like they were really close but they really weren't:)

The cats don't even care to bother the birds they are more scared of the birds then anything! Lol

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
That is an adorable photo. Many many yrs. ago when I had a Nanday Conure named Chuckles my son was playing with him on the sofa. Jory's cat Serena, who was a very cross eyed Siamese/Tabby sat quietly watching them play. Then for whatever reason, Chuckles climbed off the sofa, went up to Serena & bit her ear. He waddled back to the sofa & continued playing. Serena was so shocked she ran & hid under Jory's bed for 3 hours. Anytime after that when Serena saw Chuckles out playing, she would run & hide. Nandays are not very large, but to Serena he might as well been an eagle.

Last edited:

Blue

Aug 16, 2012
portland, or
Parrots
Odin - CAG
Salty- Hahn's Macaw
Greenie - Eclectus
Lexi- Eclectus
That is an adorable photo. Many many yrs. ago when I had a Nanday Conure named Chuckles my son was playing with him on the sofa. Jory's cat Serena, who was a very cross eyed Siamese/Tabby sat quietly watching them play. Then for whatever reason, Chuckles climbed off the sofa, went up to Serena & bit her ear. He waddled back to the sofa & continued playing. Serena was so shocked she ran & hid under Jory's bed for 3 hours. Anytime after that when Serena saw Chuckles out playing, she would run & hide. Nandays are not very large, but to Serena he might as well been an eagle.

Nandays might not be very large... but they can bite. My mom's Nanday was on my shoulder, walked over and chomped onto my lip and hung there for a couple minutes until my mom could get him to bite her, he wasn't letting go any other way... I'd run and hide too :p

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
A cat I once rescued many years ago was terrified of birds, any sight of the birds he would freak out and run to hide. But he was NOT afraid of my dogs as he goes right up to them and swat at them scaring my dogs to death, a husky and a sheltie. It got to the point the cat terrorizes them to death and claw their nose to bleed. So we had to find the cat a different home as my best friend was highly allergic to him and when he attack the dogs like that, it was the last draw....

OP
wwendy104

wwendy104

Dec 30, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
African Grey
Conure
Haha so funny i actually have a Nanday conure and she is the one that has bit the cats. They won't go near any of the birds actually. Lol they like to watch them from afar but that is about it!

Last edited:

Most Reactions