Hey

BabyBirdi

Sep 5, 2017
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Soon to be owner of a baby Green Cheek Pineapple Conure
Um... I'm not really sure how this works or what to do as this is my first forum I've been in. I'm getting a baby green cheek pineapple conure on the 14th of October and I am so so so excited. I've had a peach face love bird before as well as a blue budgie. My baby parrot was born on Sept. first and is less than a week old. I'm hoping to get as much help as possible because it's been a while and I want to do my very best for this new best friend.

Thanks

M

Heather123

Aug 31, 2017
Montana
Parrots
I have 2 Budgies My males name is Joey Beaks and my little girl is Miss Lucy. My Newest Addition Oscar the Love bird.
Hello there, can't wait to see pics of your new addition. Do you know if its male or female? The wait must be killing you. I have recently gotten my first two budgies and they are amazing. I really want and conure or an amazon one day in the future. Hope you like the group as much as I do. I am new here as well and have learned so many great things.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Recommend you wait until the baby has fully weaned onto a good rounded diet ( 30% fruit, 50% veggies and the rest seed or nuts) and preferably has fledged and gotten a few flights in before clipping his wings ( if he is to be clipped). Physically and psycologically its been shown that is best for parrots.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Like scott said this is the proper forum, and what wrench said make sure it's fully weaned bfore taking it home. Talk to the seller and make sure they get the new conure on pellets not seeds. If you have the time keep going by the store an asking to let the bird out with you to walk the allies. Nothing wrong with that, and will keep him social to humans.

:gcc:

Most Reactions

Latest posts