Hi!

choreokyeelove

Jul 16, 2012
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure named Cho-Rok or can be called Baby
Hi! I am currently a new owner to Cho-Rok(Lok) a Green Cheek Conure. He/she is actually a family pet so he gets lots of love from the whole family :D. Cho-Rok means green in Korean but we liked the sound of it so we decided to name him/her that. I mostly call him Babe or Baby though. The gender is currently unknown so we didn't know what to call him/her at first. I'm planning on getting him/her DNA testing I just don't know which method I should use. I am absolutely terrified of hurting Cho-rok if I do the DNA testing myself with the feather plucking or blood sample so I think I will take Cho-Rok to the vet. Cho-Rok is currently 3 or 5 months. The paper says he/she is born on April 12,2012 but the pet store employee thinks Cho-Rok is born in February so I'm quite confused how old Cho-Rok might actually be. I will attach a picture and maybe you guys can help me figure out how old Cho-rok might be? I do know she/he is still very young since he/she nibbles a lot but never really hard.

I have a question. Cho-Rok has been frequently rubbing his/her head over anything she/he can get her head on (she kinda lays low too or it can be rubbing her beak) and nibbling at it and I was wondering if that was normal?

I feel like I'm forgetting to add something but I will mention it when I remember.

Attachments

• 059.jpg
    059.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 139

Aims

Jun 23, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
Parrots
"Jax" Red-sided Eclectus ~ "Peaches" Lutino Lovebird ~ "Skid" Peachface Lovebird ~ "Bo" and "Peep" Cockatiel's ~ "Opie" Galah
Hello and Welcome to the Forum. You will find lots of people here that can give advice and answer questions, it's a great place to be.

I can't help with Cho-Rok's age but the beak rubbing is normal. Birds have lots of nerves on their beaks and feel with their beak, she/he could also be rubbing food off her/his beak. My Ecky rubs his beak on the perch or cage bars every time he has eaten or drank even when what he had eaten wasn't messy and I can't see any left on his beak.

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
Welcome to the forum....What a cutie Cho-rok : )

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
What a cutie!

The action sounds like "surfing" to me. It's a good thing.

I have no idea about the age though.

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Welcome to the forum!! He/she is very cute!!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome, thanks for the pic
Difficult to say how old tho....
Sure the vet is give his input about the birds age a +- figure I am sure
Enjoy the forum, you going to spend lots of time here LoL

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
welcome to the forum . Alison and sweetie pie:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts