HighSchool!

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
My first days of highschool have gone well so far, apart from me missing the bus lol. I saw an owl up clse in the school ground today ( WOW )! Wish me luck for tomorrow lol.

:eek:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Ratzy, remember these words "Your school days are the best days of your life"
One day you will be telling it to your kids.

You will survive, and make new wonderful friends

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
You just started high school??? I've been in school since September. How does school work down there in Oz, in terms of days of school and break/vacations.

birdiemomma

Dec 2, 2010
California
Parrots
My Hahn's Macaw Bella <3
Awww Ratzy! I graduated from highschool in 2009 and I will say it was one of the ebst times of my life. Cherish it and remember that it won't be like this forever :[ Have your fun while you can :D!!!!!

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
On another note, I, too, am in high school, and every day is an adventure with me and my friends. I'm always learning something new and there's so many things to do. Considering my high school is one of the biggest in the state. Plus it's the only high school in my district so we have about 4000 students and 1000 faculty. The building is ginormous!!!! It takes 8-10 minutes to walk from one end to another and has two floors.

jew1187

Jan 1, 2011
Currently in Rocky Mount VA, Phoenix in May.
Parrots
3 Parakeets, Jaiden, Topaz and Peridot. Baby boy, Skyler, Eclectus.
On another note, I, too, am in high school, and every day is an adventure with me and my friends. I'm always learning something new and there's so many things to do. Considering my high school is one of the biggest in the state. Plus it's the only high school in my district so we have about 4000 students and 1000 faculty. The building is ginormous!!!! It takes 8-10 minutes to walk from one end to another and has two floors.

Australia has summer during our winter and winter during our summer. So their school years are going to be at different times of the years from ours. That is why Ratzy is just now starting high school while our school systems started awhile ago. As far as the breaks go, I have no idea. I know many places go year round, like Japan goes Monday through Saturday year round. As do a number of school systems here in the states going year round with more shorter breaks.

I also came from a very large school. My graduating class was over 1200. It was crazy!!! We are also the only high school for three counties around so it really is a huge school.

To both of you; enjoy your time in high school. Like Ant said, they really will be some of the best times of your lives. Once you're out, real life starts. And it's a whole different ball game. Good luck.

Colorguarder08

Banned
Banned
Mar 8, 2010
Washington State
Parrots
Riley-white faced grey cockatiel (hatch date 6-28-2014) RIP Halloween-pied cockatiel
Well Ratzy I hope you enjoy high school more than I did. For me I always felt it was a big waste of time, well actually I felt it was holding me back more that anything and I could not wait for it to be over. However that was just me I do not feel like it was the best time of my life infact I feel now is the best time of my life for the most part anyways. But good luck I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
Any awesome teacher's so far??? I hated highschool but one year in grade 11 I had an incredible english teacher who made class SO much fun! I really hope you have some great teachers, they really do make all the difference. Also for you in English would be good to accentuate your writing :)

Most Reactions