Homemade Climbing net

Shourn

Oct 1, 2014
I have a bunch of untreated sisal rope. I want to make a climbing net for Apollo, my 18 month old sun conure. What size do you think I should make the grid squares?

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Probably 2 inch, 2.5 inch or even 3 inch squares would work nicely.....

kimn818

Apr 23, 2014
North Hollywood, CA
Parrots
Loco- Male YellowSided GCC
Peepsie- Female Parakeet
Tweety- Male Parakeet
I have a bunch of untreated sisal rope. I want to make a climbing net for Apollo, my 18 month old sun conure. What size do you think I should make the grid squares?

Would love to see a pic of the final product! I made Loco a cargo net.... he chewed through it by the third day! lol!

Green_cheek

Dec 28, 2014
Parrots
Green cheek and pineapple
I was looking to make a climbing net what's the best rope to get and where do u buy the rope from?:rainbow1:

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I like sisal rope for cargo nets. Cotton rope is just too dangerous because it's too easy for the birds to pull off fibres and swallow them (choking) or get toes and heads caught in them. I buy sisal from ebay very cheaply (Australia). :)

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Mine have all been sissal.

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
I would also love to see pics of the cargo net when finished, please...

Most Reactions

Latest posts