Hullo~

Piastix

Mar 31, 2011
WA, USA
Parrots
Maddie [Military Macaw]
Well. Hi there :57: My name is Pia and I recently (on March 18th) acquired an 11yo Military Macaw named Maddie..

She came with a super huge corner cage & 50 million toys that she doesn't really seem interested in.. but, I am quite pleased. :)

Sadly she isn't allowed to live with me, so.. she gets to be my uncle's companion & I go over there every day to play with her.

&.. I can't think of anything else to say.. :D

[edit] Oh, she is not my first bird, but she is my first BIG bird / first macaw.. Previous birds include finches, parakeets, and a foul-mouthed conure <3 haha

Last edited:

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum! Why isn't she allowed to live with you?

OP
P

Piastix

Mar 31, 2011
WA, USA
Parrots
Maddie [Military Macaw]
Thank you.

Ah, we have too many animals in our house (4 dogs, 3 cats).. and the original plan was to get Maddie for my uncle (who has a bigger space & no animals), not me - but he decided he doesn't want to be the one to clean the cage and do all the dirty work.. so she's mine, and he gets to play with her when I'm not there.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
We have 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 fish tanks(still trying to get rid of one), then my flock of birds....We're maxed out so no more pets!!! Our last addition of the Eclectus Pair completed our family... :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
and congrats on taking Maddie on
Browse around, many interesting posts to learn from, awesome members always up for a good laugh, and sharing their birdie experiences with all.
Enjoy the forum

Most Reactions