I cant choose

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
As others have said THANKYOU so much for explaining your situation. as a lover of parrots you can understand how it looked to want to re-home a bird and get another, without any info on the situation. Do you know someone who can give your lovebird a good home? Someone who already has birds may be more experiences and be able to tame her down with a lot of work. Lovebirds have very painful bites! Like wire cutters!

Lovebirds are famous for hormonal aggression, and being very cage aggressive. Since you said your love bird is always tearing paper its very possibly that is what is happeneing, and it may also be going through the craziness of birdie puberty. A few members here have needed to adjust their lovebird's cages for weeks and weeks to get the hormones to go down.

If you still want to rehome the lovebird make sure you buy a hand-raised parrot(which you probably already planning to do lol). And greencheeks are fantastic little birds, I LOVE them.

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
Excuse all of the errors in that! I'm using my phone which insists on making a fool of me!

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
I did receive the private message that I would describe as 'pot meet kettle' so I'm going to leave that out of it and simply point out that it was Misty15 herself, and not others, who recognized her mistake, took ownership of it, apologized, and then clarified the issue, therefore completely changing the tone of the conversation, which I commend her for and find very mature and admirable. Thank you again Misty for explaining your actions and giving us the background. It made all the difference.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
since I just popped on here, I will answer the question at hand....lovebird or conure.

I own both, Halo is my all time favourite(he's my lovebird that I raised at 6 days) super super sweet to me, but hates everyone else. he kisses me all the time, has never ever bitten me, we are very close.
I also have a favourite conure, Kahlua,a beautiful pineapple... she is so incredibly tame, loves to cuddle, and get scritches, again, has never bitten me, we are totally bonded.
she would ride on my shoulder all day long if I let her ;)

both are entirely different in personality, but with the same love given everyday.

it's very important to choose a bird that is HAND TAMED right from the start. 8 weeks of age is a great age to purchase a bird.

have you ever thought of a cockatiel?.....they are amazing, and love to cuddle.
their bites don't hurt at all(compared to a lovebird,conure, or a jardine...ouch!)....and they are beautiful....good luck with your search, and I hope you find a great home for your lovebird.

t0mmick

Oct 7, 2013
Quebec
Parrots
green cheek conure
indian ringneck
Lol this whole thread has made me laugh a lol!!Since i also know that no matter if ppl give u help on here or not you will basically do whatever it is you please! So i think it sux that you would take on a bird and offer it a home and then decided that it is not the bird for you,you cannot really judge a bird based on its color, size or what you have seen someone else's bird do! Every bird has its own personality and may not do what another bird of the same breed has done. But yeah gcc are usually more affectionate than a love bird however some gcc can also be very nippy and agressive towards everyone else in the house hold except the one they have chosen.Basically everyone on here is upset that you would get rid of a bird and then go get another one! If you can't handle what you already have then that may be a sign to not take on more!!

OP
Misty15

Misty15

Oct 4, 2013
Parrots
Pippin a GCC
I have defiantly decided on a gcc. Thanks for the support from everyone who did.

Most Reactions

Latest posts