I claim victory!!!

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
Yes i just had to write that,i have been at war with my mothers eckkie for 2 years now.
My parents almost have to go away out the country for work every month this year.
But their eckkie just always hated me and i couldn't release him from his cage because of it.
But today i just gathered my courage and got him in his carrier,and set off to my garden.
My vegetable garden is in the middle of a forest,so plenty quiet.
At fist he had no idea where he was,then he stepped up without trying to amputated me!!
Seeing as the living room is his domain i took him to mine.
And it worked like a charm,he was like a puppie!
He ate from my garden like a garbage disposal,gooseberry's,blueberries,yellow raspberry,strawberry,peas and some other vegetables i have no idea what the translation for is.
This was really nice,hope to do it again,he didn't bite at all and i could just pick him up.
It stared as a bad day,but i feel good now:D
IMG-20140705-WA0011_zpsc95dcc7d.jpg

IMG-20140705-WA0004_zps24bd8f57.jpg

IMG-20140705-WA0007_zpse9d7b40c.jpg

Last edited:

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Glad to hear that. Sometimes that's all it takes... taking him to an unfamiliar room where he isn't as confident. Hope you start to have more positive interactions with him, and one day you two might even become friends!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
He's a real beauty! You know you cheated, taking him to an enchanted vegetable garden in a forest, but by the photos, I think you won him over! So glad he chose not to punish you with amputation.

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Congrats on the great progress, he does look fully flighted though so without a harness you do want him clipped if he is going to continue to enjoy outside time with you. I would vote harness opposed to clipping with an eclectus though.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Wonderful! Smart thinking!

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Awww. He's beautiful!

OP
hacatta

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
Congrats on the great progress, he does look fully flighted though so without a harness you do want him clipped if he is going to continue to enjoy outside time with you. I would vote harness opposed to clipping with an eclectus though.

He is isn't flighted,our av just knows how to clip him without making him look butchered.
But it isn't my call.

OP
hacatta

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
He's a real beauty! You know you cheated, taking him to an enchanted vegetable garden in a forest, but by the photos, I think you won him over! So glad he chose not to punish you with amputation.

lol that was kind off the idea,after all love goes trough the stomach.

Most Reactions

Latest posts