I hoped this day would never come...

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
20230503_145443.jpg

I'm pissed....

went a week without eggs. I remove eggs. went 2 more weeks. NOW THIS.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Yeah only her first egg looked off. And then theres no blood. So she's getting better at laying them but cmooonnn. I threw all the dummy eggs back in even though it didn't help last time. I guess we will see what happens. I'm gonna revisit with the vet I guess.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
On a similar note, if we go down the route of a hormone implant, would we want until she pauses laying eggs or would it be okay to do it during a clutch?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
On a similar note, if we go down the route of a hormone implant, would we want until she pauses laying eggs or would it be okay to do it during a clutch?
Only the vet could answer that. What I did learn is that it only takes a couple days for an egg to develop its shell and get laid enroute through the oviduct so any required delay shouldn't be too long.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Okay... it's been awhile so I thought I'd update. I left the real and fake eggs in her cage for a long time. For awhile she would sit on them hut I slowly stopped noticing her going down there. But I was scared to remove them so I didn't. I started noticing some of the real eggs were getting broken somehow so I started to remove them one at a time. No additional eggs were laid after all the real ones had been removed. The fake eggs are still in there and I'm scared to remove them but I think I will start removing them one at a time. I stopped giving her the eggfood which she wasn't happy about, she loved that stuff.

She hasn't been exhibiting any hormonal behavior. She is HEAVILY molting right now. Poor babe.

Most Reactions

Latest posts