I just think this is cool

LoveMauiGus

Jun 14, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Maui - Sun Conure,
Gus - Yellow Collared Macaw
There is a seller on Etsy that makes resin parrot feather rings (naturally molted).

I won't post a link but I thought it was so cool. I don't think they let you mail in your own bird's feather, but still, cool idea! This one is from a AG

il_570xN.263931060.jpg

IolaniAviary

Aug 2, 2011
Parrots
Lovebirds- Mango, Spyros, Ele, Aonani
Cockatiels- Pineki
Quakers- Maggie
Conures- Paco
If they let you use your own feather this would be so neat! What a great way to always have a little piece of your favorite feathered companion. Do you think you could message me the link? :)

OP
LoveMauiGus

LoveMauiGus

Jun 14, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Maui - Sun Conure,
For some reason the etsy site isn't coming up for me now, but I will message you the link when I can!

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Well that's just awesome! Message it to me too!

Oh wait! I googled and found it :) Doesn't look like they let you send your own feathers, but that would be really cool to have jewelery with your own bird buddy feathers.

Last edited:
OP
LoveMauiGus

LoveMauiGus

Jun 14, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Maui - Sun Conure,
I'm going to request a custom item and see what they say... I'll let you know!

upcgirl

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Parrots
Max--Senegal

RIP Ricco--Mexican Red Head Amazon
I found another similar seller and I have contacted them about making personalized feather rings. :)

IolaniAviary

Aug 2, 2011
Parrots
Lovebirds- Mango, Spyros, Ele, Aonani
Cockatiels- Pineki
Quakers- Maggie
Conures- Paco
Thanks for the link, ya know I think I'm going to try making one myself. They're actually just resin with a feather in them, and I know you can buy ring molds. I'll keep you guys updated with how it goes :D

Netty

Jul 30, 2011
GTA ontario
Parrots
none yet. have owned avians in the past
you may even be able to message the maker and ask if you can get a discount for sending in a bunch of in good shape molted feathers to her? always worth an ask!

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
The feather earrings are really in now too! I know someone who can make me earrings from my parrots molted feathers!!! :) :)

Netty

Jul 30, 2011
GTA ontario
Parrots
none yet. have owned avians in the past
The feather earrings are really in now too! I know someone who can make me earrings from my parrots molted feathers!!! :) :)

I tumble my own gemstones and make jewelry my aunt taught me how to add feathers to i need to find some small chains and i can make some pretty awesome looking earrings and necklaces from them :D

Its actually really simple!

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/

Rest in Peace Rio

I tumble my own gemstones and make jewelry my aunt taught me how to add feathers to i need to find some small chains and i can make some pretty awesome looking earrings and necklaces from them :D

Its actually really simple!

Netty, maybe we will all be sending YOU our feathers! lol :)

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
thats so cool! the earings sound really nice too, i just dont know if my school would let me wear them, but maybe :)!

OP
LoveMauiGus

LoveMauiGus

Jun 14, 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Maui - Sun Conure,
You all have great ideas! I'll let you know how it goes with mine, I'm going to try to order one this weekend. If anyone needs the link, let me know

Most Reactions