I lost maggie tonight!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I put up Maggie up on "Parrot Alert 911" on FB, Mark, with the information you provided in your first post.

Prayers you'll have her back TODAY!! :heart:

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
Mark this has got to be terrifying. This is what I've learned from helping people search for birds.

Most companion parrots don't have the stamina to go too far. I would focus my efforts within a half mile, and then spread out.

You'll hear her before you see her. While searching for her, don't turn off your ears. Especially a big macaw...I guarantee you will hear her scream before you see her.

Ditch the car. I suggest walking. It's too difficult to look and listen while driving.

Scared birds go up. She's scared, hungry, and probably tired. I would be looking up into high trees if there are any in your area.

Do you know which way the wind was blowing? If she doesn't fly regularly, the wind may have grabbed her. Start your search in the direction the wind was blowing.

I would post flyers on all the main roads coming into the area. As well as gas stations and grocery stores. The reward has to be more than the price of the bird unless a good person finds her.

Bring one of your other birds in a carrier cage as you search. Hopefully this bird will make some noise and Maggie will hear.

Don't give up at all! I've heard of birds being found 2 weeks after they were lost.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
If the car starts I'll be there after church tomorrow to look for her. If needed I'll come Monday too.

That is very sweet ! I am sure Mark can use all the help he can get . Wish i were closer

Mark I have some relatives in Texas and had them share it on there FB page. Will post here if I hear anything

Last edited:
OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well, I just finished walking the tree line in the area where she was last seen.

I have a feeling someone has already found her, or we'd have seen or heard something by now.

She was sighted twice yesterday, so she's in the area. And it's mainly residential. I think she landed in someone's yard. Now they have to figure out I'm looking for her. Hopefully they are honest.

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
Well, I just finished walking the tree line in the area where she was last seen.

I have a feeling someone has already found her, or we'd have seen or heard something by now.

She was sighted twice yesterday, so she's in the area. And it's mainly residential. I think she landed in someone's yard. Now they have to figure out I'm looking for her. Hopefully they are honest.

I know Wendy had to go out for awhile so i am keeping a eye on the parrot911 site. So far nothing. Its still early there isn't it. Maybe someone will contact you soon.

Mamaof3

Jan 25, 2016
Queens, NY
Parrots
Twix-Female Parakeet, Twizzle-male Parakeet, foster mommy to my mom's galah- Rosey
Omg Mark, I'm so sorry!!! I know your doing every thing in your power to bring her back . PrAyers that Maggie finds her way back home. Keep us updated! I wish I was there where you were, I would be there helping you find her.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Mark, hopefully Parrot Alert 911 has contacted you by now. I gave them your info - and hope you didn't mind. They are a GINORMOUS network, and will do anything and everything in their power to help.

Prayers you will be reunited TODAY!!! :heart:

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Start putting up fliers in the neighborhood. Help whoever might have found her find out that someone is looking for her.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I hope you find Maggie safe and sound and SOON. I can't imagine how worried you must be about her.

happy410

Jul 23, 2015
ALABAMA
Parrots
Happy, DYH Amazon
Tesla, Blue & Gold Macaw
I said a prayer for you and Maggie last night and she was the first thing I thought about this morning. I keep checking in hoping for a post to say she was found.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh no, Mark! I am praying you find her quickly, I am so so sorry. I can't imagine what you are going through.

Piasa

Jan 12, 2016
USA Nomad
Parrots
Beau 20 year old male Green Cheek || Jimmy Bullet 17 year old female white cap pionus parrot
I hope your sweet one returns to you soon, Birdman :(

If you haven't already, sometimes local radio stations will help look, or schools.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I hope your sweet one returns to you soon, Birdman :(

If you haven't already, sometimes local radio stations will help look, or schools.

Great idea to get the media involved!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I spoke to Mark, and he's out looking for Maggie. No sightings today, only 2 yesterday evening.

Since Maggie is such an incredibly sweet and friendly bird, Mark believes she's flown to someone, or someone has found her. Now it's a matter of letting everyone know WHOM she belongs to.

Parrot Alert has been in touch with him.

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Oh no! I'm sad to hear this. I know how much she means to you. You and Maggie will be on my mind until she is back home and safe. Hopefully she is found by someone honest and she'll be home in no time.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
My heart is so heavy for you Mark. I know this one is every bit like losing a child. One thing in Stephen's post that stuck out to me was about the reward being more than the cost of the bird. More than what a GW can sell for. Considerably more if you can manage that. GET THE WORD OUT THERE EVERYWHERE ABOUT AN ATTRACTIVE REWARD! Go back and re-do the $amount on your flyers and ads if you have to. You know how money motivated people are.

OrnithAudrey

May 26, 2015
Katy, TX
Parrots
At home: Clover- Alexandrine, Sage- Moustache parakeet
At work: Rio- Hyacinth macaw, Major- Major Mitchell's cockatoo, Fruit Loop- Keel-billed toucan, Bayju- Black palm cockatoo
I hope you don't mind, but I shared Wendy's FB post and picture of Maggie on my wall and will have one of my longtime friends who is deeply involved with animal rescue share as well. She knows tons of people and between the two of us, we have connections from Seguin to Hondo, Stockdale to Boerne. Hopefully she's not far, but we will get the word spread!

Most Reactions

Latest posts