I lost maggie tonight!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
The more shares, the better! I sent the ad to both my nephew and his wife, too, who live in San Antonio, and begged them to share it will anyone and everyone on their friend list in the area.

wingsNthings

Mar 13, 2016
Texas
Parrots
Casey the Budgerigar and Wyatt the Cockatiel
Just read this, told my aunt who lives in San Antonio to keep an eye out. I really hope you find her and some money grubbing person doesnt get her...that'd be awful.

StephenAndKyleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Dallas, TX
Parrots
Kyleigh, B&G Macaw -
Peanut, Yellow Collar Mini Macaw -
Aaliyah, Green Wing Macaw
I would start going door to door with a flyer and picture. I wouldn't hesitate to call a news station as well. This is a rare pet, I'm sure the community would love to see her reunited with Mark.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Well I canvased the neighborhood, and the businesses in the area. Put out about 200 flyers.

Nothing more I can do but wait.

Not having Maggie here has sucked a large portion of the joy out of my life.

I'VE GOT TO FIND HER!

I haven't slept. I haven't eaten anything since lunch yesterday.

There is a huge knot in my stomach.

I'm emotionally just drained...

Trying not to let myself get down. Keep saying she'll turn up. She HAS TO!!!

Last edited:
OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I would start going door to door with a flyer and picture. I wouldn't hesitate to call a news station as well. This is a rare pet, I'm sure the community would love to see her reunited with Mark.

Already went door to door.

This is going to sound horribly racist (and I am a white middle class man) but the only people in the neighborhood that just completely blew me off and didn't care were middle class white people. One of them acted like I deserved to be shot for approaching her. What is wrong with these paranoid people?! Zero empathy for others, and every stranger is a rapist/murderer/terrorist.

Two of them, in particular, acted like I was going to murder them when I tried to hand them a flyer.

Everyone else was great! I mean really, really, really good people who tried to help.

Last edited:

Doublete

Mar 15, 2015
Maryland
Parrots
"Loki" turquoise GCC 1/4/15 hatch date-- "Chiqui" amazon 9/2010 hatch date---- "Banner" green parrotlet hatchdate 11/22/16

RIP "pineapple" lovebird
Is she bonded to any of your birds that you could bring out and about with you? Maybe if they vocalize and she hears even from inside someone's house she will call back?

Man I can only imagine the feeling mark.
You'll find her.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I'm exhausted, and I'm on the brink of a complete emotional melt down...

Sally and Sweepea in particular are in clingy bird mode...

(Sally was there when it happened.)

Tusk is very vocal at the moment.

They know.

I have to keep telling myself it's going to be alright... If I don't I'll cease to function.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Mark, I'm so sorry to read this! Stay strong! I'm keeping you and Maggie in my prayers. I believe that you'll find her. You found Tusk, before. You'll find Maggie now.

As so many others have said, I wish I could be there to help you search. Maggie and the rest of your birds are a part of our communal flock, and our thoughts are with you in this.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Mark, Parrot Alert is working on additional fliers. I'll post here and will email you with the rough draft for you to proof read as soon as I get it, ok?

Do you have a link of the CL ad you put up? They suggested you put it up on CL, Christine told them you had already, but nobody seems to be able to find the ad.

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
Mark I finally found the pond. I looked for a bit. I told se eral people about her. I also told them if they found her to put a found ad on Craigslist. I told them you would see it.

There was a man who lives in the apartments across the street. Hes gonna ask the office to email everybody.

Three people said if they found her they would return her and not accept the reward.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I hope you don't mind, but I shared Wendy's FB post and picture of Maggie on my wall and will have one of my longtime friends who is deeply involved with animal rescue share as well. She knows tons of people and between the two of us, we have connections from Seguin to Hondo, Stockdale to Boerne. Hopefully she's not far, but we will get the word spread!

ANY help is appreciated.

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
What basically happened was I was out freeflying Maggie and Sally.

A nearby ladder fell over, and startled Maggie, and she flew off in a panic, doing what she was trained to do, fly in a circle and come back. As she was coming in for a landing, the ladder was lifted up right in front of her... instead of coming in for a landing she went up, up, and away...

SHE HAS NEVER FLOWN OFF ON ME BEFORE, AND THIS BIRD GOES OUT EVERY DAY.

Now, I can't stop crying...

OP
Birdman666

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Mark I finally found the pond. I looked for a bit. I told se eral people about her. I also told them if they found her to put a found ad on Craigslist. I told them you would see it.

There was a man who lives in the apartments across the street. Hes gonna ask the office to email everybody.

Three people said if they found her they would return her and not accept the reward.

Thanks.

Sorry I missed you.

Did you see my flyers?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Mark, is it possible in your grief your CL ad didn't go through? None of us can find it anywhere. :(

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw

That was so nice of you !!

Most Reactions

Latest posts