I need your prayers

SaraBridge

Dec 18, 2011
Media
Massachusetts
Parrots
Brigid: White-Bellied Caique
Sara: Lovebird. Rest in peace, little one.
George, I am very sorry for your losses. May you know God's comforting Presence and find strength and healing through friends, family, and your beautiful memories of your beloved wife and Tony that you hold deep in your heart. Be assured of my prayers for you.

OP
George gourlay

George gourlay

Oct 24, 2010
Media
glasgow scotland
Parrots
Tony. OWA gone but never forgotten..
CAG Named Azarra..
Hi Everybody first i would like to thank you all for your kind words they helped me greatly. But i could not stand the silence and looking at an empty cage anymore so today i took delivery of a 3 month old African Grey and he or she is gorgeous fully hand reared and tame as a puppy dog. I will get photo's up soon in the African Grey section, once again thankyou to all of you.. George..

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Congratulations! I'm glad you're doing alright! I wish you both the very best.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
This is great news! While we all know your grey will never replace tony, I'm sure he will be a great companion and help your heart to heal. Your story is so sad and you are so strong for fighting through such tough times. Please keep us updated on your new little bundle of feathers :) I hope the new year brings you much better luck.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Congratulations on your new African Grey! When you're used to living with a parrot, it does get to be too quiet and lonely without one. Much happiness to you and your Grey!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey george. sorry to hear of your OWA , i have several ,for a long time and don't know what i would do with out them.I hope every thing works out and wish you the best with your new CAG. Have you come up with a name yet?

ftlaudmom

Oct 3, 2011
Ft Lauderdale Florida
Parrots
Ziggy a yna Rip
Rico an orange winged amazon RIP
Coco a yna
Congrats George! I was so sad for you when you posted about your loss and I know exactly what you mean about the "deafening silence" when you lose a pet bird. I had that experience when I lost my YN of 23 years. I didn't want to get another as I didn't want to ever go through that again but like you it was just too quiet without him. I found an OWA a few months later and things are going very well so far. I miss my YN terribly but my new pet makes my heart so happy that it really helps. Lots of luck to you and your new baby. I look forward to pics and posts of his antics.

OP
George gourlay

George gourlay

Oct 24, 2010
Media
glasgow scotland
Parrots
Tony. OWA gone but never forgotten..
CAG Named Azarra..
Hi all i thought i would give you an update on my new CAG i named her Azarra, and i dont know what the breeder does with these birds but whatever it is it works great koz i have never seen a bird that craves human contact so much,when i bring her out the cage she lies down on my chest and falls asleep with those content baby sounds. But she has just this moment gave me a fright i am sitting here watching Memphis Belle on Tv and i looked over at the cage shock she could not be seen i stood up and she was lying in the bottom of the cage on her side,i ran over in a panic and guess what she woke up with a look of you have just disturbed my sleep, she put her head down again and fell asleep i now know that she snore's. So does anyone else's bird sleep on their side on the bottom of the cage.. George.

Any further updates will be in the CAG section....

Last edited:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
No George, i don't. That would freak me out.

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
Good to hear that you and Azarra are bonding so well. :)

I've heard of some Caiques, Lovebirds and Black-capped Conures who like to sleep at the bottom of their cages (sometimes on their backs, feet pointed upward :D)-- but haven't heard of another CAG who does that.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
I have never heard of that. I've seen birds that will sleep sitting on the grate, or bottom of the cage. But, they are standing upright. And balanced on one foot, like roosting on a perch. But, never on their side. And, yes, I have heard them snore!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I haven't heard of a CAG doing that, but some conures do. Some sleep on their back at the bottom of the cage, and scare their owners, too.

I wonder if your bird would like one of those sleeping tents or a Happy Hut?

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I too would freak out OMG what our birds put us though LoL
A few weeks ago Mishka fell asleep (picture below) the first time he did this, I screamed out his name thinking he was dead. Mishka fell to the bottom of the cage, my son come running in....... it was total chaos AND WHY all because Mishka fell asleep leaning on his cage and a perch.

mishkasleeping.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions