Parrots
African Grey-Kenya
Blue and Gold- Baby
Jenday Conure- Izzy
Hahns Macaw- Derby
Cockatiel- Lemon
Senegal-Dylan

I breed, Sun, Green Cheek, Black Capped and Crimson Bellied Conures. Also IRN's
Y is Mango a boy name? I have had many people name their female Sun Conures Mango. To be honest only females, no 1 has named a male Mango. Just FYI

OP
F

FineFeatheredFriend

Aug 30, 2012
Parrots
Lovebird~Precious, Sennie~Snoopy,Hahns Macaw~Fiona
Maybe its just me that Mango sounds too masculine. I personally favored the name Bubbles.

LauraT

Jun 17, 2012
Parrots
Baxter - Senegal, Reilly - Blue Crown Conure, Robinson - Red Bellied Parrot
Congratulations! Love the name Bubbles. Another might be Butter, Lemon (or Liz Lemon from 30 Rock ) Can't wait to gear all about her.

Laura

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Congrats on getting your new Sun! I have a Sun and I have to say she is a wonderful parrot! She is a real clown ( and she knows it). She makes me laugh every single day! She does have a loud call, but she doesn't use it all of the time. She never screeches at night. She goes to bed at 8 p.m. And sleeps until 8 the next morning and she doesn't make a peep all night. I think you are in for a real treat owning a Sun! They are so beautiful!

LakeDesire

Sep 27, 2012
Media
Seattle
Parrots
Jade (Nanday Conure, 20),
Henry (Red-Crowned Amazon, ~15), Joey and Sophie (Congo African Greys, ~17)
How do suns get along with other conures? I am considering adopting a rehomed sun conure so my nanday can have a friend and I am worried about them screaming at each other across the house while the sun is in quarantine. My nanday used to yell across two houses to contact call with our neighbor's sunday conure! The squawking doesn't bother me but it bothers my housemates.

Last edited:
OP
F

FineFeatheredFriend

Aug 30, 2012
Parrots
Lake Desire, I will soon be in same predicament as you. My Quaker Breezy already is a noisy bird. Just talk to your house mates and if they still are adamant then should not get another noisy bird. Green cheeks are on the quite side or you could go with a Poi. Two noisy birds sounds like disaster for your house mates. You don't want to end up rehoming your bird due to the noise. I personally waited a longtime before committing to a Sun. I started out with parakeets then cockatiels then love birds then Quakers then Pois and finally I have arrived to own my first conure. So patience is the key. Peace.

LakeDesire

Sep 27, 2012
Media
Seattle
Parrots
Jade (Nanday Conure, 20),
Henry (Red-Crowned Amazon, ~15), Joey and Sophie (Congo African Greys, ~17)
Thank you. :) My housemates and partner say they are OK with a second squawky bird, but just this morning my partner was complaining when Jade woke up him with a few squawks that seemed like normal bird sounds to me.

OP
F

FineFeatheredFriend

Aug 30, 2012
Parrots
I have noticed for a quite bit of time that the conure section gets waay more views than the other bird forums. Is it because conures are the more commonly kept or the other owners are too lazy to post? Are conures that more popular? Oh well, I was just thinking out loud, lol.

amysaviary

Dec 16, 2011
Chambersburg PA
Parrots
African Grey-Kenya
Blue and Gold- Baby
Jenday Conure- Izzy
Hahns Macaw- Derby
Cockatiel- Lemon
Senegal-Dylan

I breed, Sun, Green Cheek, Black Capped and Crimson Bellied Conures. Also IRN's
I think conures r very popular for many reasons. Size, colors, price and so on. Not everyone has room for a Macaw or the time for a cockatoo. I think Conures make the best pets as far as birds go and I think many others feel that way also.

OP
F

FineFeatheredFriend

Aug 30, 2012
Parrots
some pics of my small flock, the baby greenwing is not mine breezy.jpg

breezy2.jpg

precious.jpg

macaw.jpg

snoopy.jpg

OP
F

FineFeatheredFriend

Aug 30, 2012
Parrots
I will post my baby suns pics on Wednesday and I finally figured out how to post pics, lol.

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
What an awesome varied flock. Beautiful birds. How well do they get along with each other?

OP
F

FineFeatheredFriend

Aug 30, 2012
Parrots
Snoopy the Senegal is the most jealous bird that I have ever experienced with. That being said he is also my most loyal bird that I have ever experienced with. Senegal are like dogs, very loyal. Just now the wifey wants to go shopping I tried putting Snoopy back in his play gym area but he totally refused. So because of that I will be sneaking him into the store with me. Most stores do not say anything except grocery stores. Snoopy does not get along with the other two birds. However the other two are bonded to each other. The only time Breezy the Quaker tries to attack Precious the love bird is when Precious is nippy and tries to take my finger off. The love bird is bonded to my daughter. Snoopy only whistles his name but mimics the other birds. Breezy only says hi and Precious to my surprise says hi. Snoopy also says hi. Soon King Kong meaning Peaches the Sun conure will rule the roost with her Big Mouth. Maybe I should change her name to Big Mouth, lol. I am referring to "Big Mouth" from my childhood cartoon "Smurfs". I am a big kid @ heart, I guess thats why I love pets so much. Growing up I was a cat and dog person. Now I only love parrots. Cats are still dear to me but having birds of prey does not make safe pet family. But thanks for the comments, peace.

Most Reactions