I’m so impressed with their compassion.

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
Mama to Milo the Pineapple X Cinnamon GCC
My mom passed away nearly four years ago now - June 6, 2016, just 4 days before my 21st birthday. Every year around this time, my brother posts pictures of my moms clematis flowers.

Her and I used to talk by them all the time and had conversations about the flowers themselves many a times, too. There was something so soothing about talking to my mom in the garden.

Today, my brother posted the picture and I bawled. Milo flew right to me, sat on my arm near my elbow (I was bent over with my hands in my lap so he was pretty tucked in) and just sat there the whole time. I’ve never seen him so calm. He puffed up a wee bit, and watched my every move ever so calmly and compassionately while I sobbed and wiped my face with a few tissues. Not an ounce of fear, no fidgeting, nothing (usually if I move a lot around him he gets antsy and a little fearful and trots off to the other side of the couch to safely watch.)

After I was done he snuggled under my chin and stayed there for 5-10 minutes while I pet him and let myself calm down.

I’ve never seen such calmness out of him before. I feel so blessed and so grateful to have such a wonderful little friend. How lucky am I?

Did I mention today he’s been home for 4 weeks? Also, we’re over 2 weeks since the last time he bit me. That’s right - not one bite in 2 weeks. I taught him his little shrill sound is well and plenty and I’ll always respect it and so that’s all he ever does when he wants away or is unhappy with something.

Wow. I feel dazed right now with how close this little one and I have become in just 4 weeks.
fde4c357a7c17e1e9d8965b815af5c50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A beautiful story and reminder of how precious these feathered creatures are.

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I am so sorry for your loss, warm hugs to you my friend xx

They are extremely intuitive, albie was the same with me when I heard my great grandma passed away.

These creatures are so incredibly special. Albie is my first bird and I never knew that they could be such wonderful loving bitey funny friends

Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2018
Turkey
Parrots
sorry for your loss i lost my mother too on a young age if you ever wanted to talk to someone you can always PM me

OP
lollipoppy

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
I am so sorry for your loss, warm hugs to you my friend xx

They are extremely intuitive, albie was the same with me when I heard my great grandma passed away.

These creatures are so incredibly special. Albie is my first bird and I never knew that they could be such wonderful loving bitey funny friends

I’m sorry for your loss, too. Big hugs.

That is beautiful that Albie was there for you, too. I’m so very impressed by these little guys! [emoji175] they are phenomenal.

OP
lollipoppy

lollipoppy

Mar 10, 2020
Canada
Parrots
sorry for your loss i lost my mother too on a young age if you ever wanted to talk to someone you can always PM me

I’m sorry for your loss, too. Thank you for the offer I appreciate it. [emoji846]

Most Reactions