Im sooooo excited!!!

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Kia-Goffin Cockatoo, Paco-Indian Ringneck
I usually take 1 bird at a time to the living room with me for some one on one. Tonight I decided to bring Paco and Kia in together. At first for the most part Kia ignored him. But after awhile she wanted to check him out. He was hesitant of course because the last time I tried this she wasnt very nice to him so I havent done this in weeks. Anyway, she went over to him and put her head down for him to preen her, he actually preened her for a good 10 minutes. I thought he was gettig a bit close to her eye but she didnt mind it. She let him know twice he was being too rough, and he would actually go back to being gentle Amazing. I tried to get pics but everytime I would snap a photo they would stop lol. Im so excited and I really hope this is a start to a possitive relationship between the both of them.:D

MollyGreenCheeks

Jan 16, 2012
Media
Albums
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Molly - GCC, Cody - GCC, Gracie - Congo African Grey
It is a wonderful feeling to have your two babies get along. Just be careful because as soon as you turn your head things can explode! Take it slow, which sounds like you are already doing! Congrats!

jaimmorr

Jul 21, 2011
USA
Parrots
Ricco - Goffin's Cockatoo
Congratulations! It's great to hear they are starting to get along and preen each other! :)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Aww , how cute :). I can hear the excitement in your email , lolol.
Yes , but do be careful , things can happen extremely quickly , so keep your eyes
on them at all times. I'm going through the same thing with my two birds..
My heart stops every time they get close to each other. I don't even sit down ,
I stay right ontop of them is if so something happened , I could get in between them.
One bite in the right place could be disastrous !
It so far so good :). It's soooo cool to see your two babies hanging with each other
and enjoying being together , and to be preening , that is great !!!

Keep us posted Lesa1211 :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts