Important question: cigarette smoke and my tiels....

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Two Cockatiels: Rascal (Geraldine) and his baby brother named Coconut!
Looking forward to the pics!! At least you will have some input regarding the finished product, rather than moving into a marginal turn-key condo painted to somebody else's taste.

Yes exactly!! I'm very anal/picky and was actually hoping for a fixer upper and this condo is just that... I LOVE renovations and seeing the before/after :D

... the ONLY thing I hate about renovations is the fact that I am poor... the cost of it will make me cry LOL

It's a 1,200 SQ Ft condo and I'm going to try to paint the interior myself to save money. It has very high vaulted ceilings so I will only hire help to finish the areas I could not do. I HOPE I'll save a lot of money by doing most of it myself... and since the floors are being redone including baseboards I don't have to worry about getting paint on the floors and baseboards... going to be putting down luxury vinyl planks to get that wood floor look :) I would have liked porcelain wood imitation tiles but that's going to be too expensive! :(

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Looking forward to the pics!! At least you will have some input regarding the finished product, rather than moving into a marginal turn-key condo painted to somebody else's taste.

Yes exactly!! I'm very anal/picky and was actually hoping for a fixer upper and this condo is just that... I LOVE renovations and seeing the before/after :D

... the ONLY thing I hate about renovations is the fact that I am poor... the cost of it will make me cry LOL

It's a 1,200 SQ Ft condo and I'm going to try to paint the interior myself to save money. It has very high vaulted ceilings so I will only hire help to finish the areas I could not do. I HOPE I'll save a lot of money by doing most of it myself... and since the floors are being redone including baseboards I don't have to worry about getting paint on the floors and baseboards... going to be putting down luxury vinyl planks to get that wood floor look :) I would have liked porcelain wood imitation tiles but that's going to be too expensive! :(

Painting is fairly easy but tedious. Are you going to re-do the kitchen? I've heard the best renovation bucks are spend in the kitchen and to some degree the bathrooms. Definitely want to keep all of that in mind for a future return to California!! Vinyl has come a long way, some of the products are superb.

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots

Painting is fairly easy but tedious. Are you going to re-do the kitchen? I've heard the best renovation bucks are spend in the kitchen and to some degree the bathrooms. Definitely want to keep all of that in mind for a future return to California!! Vinyl has come a long way, some of the products are superb.

The first things I'm immediately renovating are to remove the popcorn ceiling, repaint entire condo, install new flooring on balcony and new flooring inside the condo, freshen up laundry room, gut and renovate the entire kitchen :D

...the 2 bathrooms I'll have to gut and renovate at a later time when I have more money.

OP
Tropical

Tropical

Oct 13, 2015
Palm Beach
Parrots
Great news! I recently sent the bank estimates for repairing the mold problems and the AC unit must be replaced... the bank then lowered their sale price by $7,000 due to the damage the condo has so we accepted the offer because bank was very firm if we don't accept their counter offer then they will just put condo back out on market. This is the safe condo I got.... not the smoke contaminated condo.

... so we accepted and it will close in 2 weeks! 'Nut is going to have nice screened in balcony to play on :D ... while Rascal sleeps and chills out. That is all he ever does haha ... but they have water fountains in the small lake and it's peaceful because it sounds like a waterfall.

I have to go to the HOA orientation tomorrow. I will bring Rascal with me. I figure it's probably good idea they meet Rascal. He's so cute in his flightsuit everyone will love him. HOA lady who is very nice... she already knows I have small pet bird.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts