In search of a feathered friend in Montana

SMILY

Mar 24, 2017
Montana
Parrots
(had) Gabriel aka Gabby, Noah both cockatiels, not actually parrots but pigeons are said to be related to doves and parrot's -- Serephina, Raven'stail, Mr paint, Mr. Scrawny, Lancelot, Big boy, Speckl
I am nearly exasperated searching for a feathered friend in Montana the only rescue I'd apparently closed down. I have come across pretty much nothing but scammers it would seem. Several rehoming ads many of which I question especially when several ads for different birds same phone. One lady giving away two macaws complete with cages toys etcetera. A lot of text only, out of state shippers and no answers to phones or emails.

I am interested in many different birds just not what seems available here which is mainly budgies, finches and Canaries. While I am not completely sold on just one species I would prefer an African grey first and foremost though with the new law's my dream of a grey may have gone down the drain...*sigh*. I may have found some cockatiels which I'll consider and a blue Quaker that I am thinking about though since so many states are against Quaker I am hesitant in case I ever move and we travel and my bird(s) would be with me period.

I am disabled and home all the time with plenty if love and time to devote quality time and training time my bird would be out of the cage most of the time getting plenty of social time and stimulating things to do. I have had birds and understand the time and patience and effort goes into developing a relationship and maintaining one with a feathered friend and believe they deserve respect as an intelligent species with a brain.

If anyone could help point me in the right direction I would appreciate it very much. There are no kids or other pets in my home so plenty of love and time to give. Thank you for your time and consideration.

OP
S

SMILY

Mar 24, 2017
Montana
Parrots
(had) Gabriel aka Gabby, Noah both cockatiels, not actually parrots but pigeons are said to be related to doves and parrot's -- Serephina, Raven'stail, Mr paint, Mr. Scrawny, Lancelot, Big boy, Speckl
My apologies I did not intentionally post twice...on my mobile not sure what happened to cause that... again my sincere apologies.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
No worries! I'll take care of that for you:) Best of luck in finding your new family member:)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Nice fix and note, Terry. Hard to imagine there are few parrots available for rehoming in Montana!

Most Reactions

Latest posts